PDA

View Full Version : Terrified lol

02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I know it is so daft but I am absolutely terrified about my first Ofsted inspection since registration. It will be happening in the next few weeks, and even though I think I am doing a fab job, I'm not sure if Ofsted will lol. I think I have got everything covered but would be grateful for any tips or helpful advice :)

Zoomie
02-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I know it is so daft but I am absolutely terrified about my first Ofsted inspection since registration. It will be happening in the next few weeks, and even though I think I am doing a fab job, I'm not sure if Ofsted will lol. I think I have got everything covered but would be grateful for any tips or helpful advice :)

If you have a DW or similar, why not call them in. Mine was invaluable in highlighting areas that Ofsted would look at.

And have you done your SEF ?

PS, see you only reg in Aug - I think you have afew more months to wait before you really get worried about Ofsted coming. Take the time to get yourself sorted, so that you are calm and collect when the time comes.

xx

02-11-2009, 02:02 PM
That's true but because I have asked for a variation, they want to bring my inspection forward....eeek! I haven't even looked at my SEF yet so will prob start on that this evening :)

Zoomie
02-11-2009, 02:53 PM
I applied for a variation, and ofsted came and did a mini inspection on me last week.

Inspector was here all of 28 mins, checking my children's ages, those of mindees, recap of equipment etc and she was gone. Didn't check any of my paperwork and but I suppose she did observe me whilst she was here. My variation was granted, but I still have my proper quality inspection to face in the next few months.

miffy
02-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Fingers crossed you get the variation

Miffy xx