PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming Friday... ??!!!!

Hats
02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Lady from Ofsted called this morning to say she is coming on Friday morning. :clapping:
She sounded really friendly :) and explained 1st we would comlplete CRB forms, then walk round all house (even upstairs even though not being registered!) then we'd sit down and go through EYFS folder. Now that's one big folder..... has anyone else had to go through folder with Ofsted on pre reg and if so any advice on what to expect I'd be grateful.
I think my policies and Procedures and RA are all ok, well they are printed off and ready if she wants to have a look!

Why does the word Ofsted send us all into panic mode!! She even said she is there to help me not ask any trick questions.... doesn't stop the nerves though!
Thanks for any advice on visit.

Love
H :)
xx

PixiePetal
02-11-2009, 01:09 PM
You sound organised, good luck :)

nell57
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Good luck, you will be fine:thumbsup:

Zoomie
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I think the inspector will go through the folder with you, but not in aphyscial manner. She will check you have the relevant policies (which you say you have), and then probably ask you how you will treat children 'equally', plan activities for different ages / abilities (those things are all in the EYFS folder).

Have you done the 'preparing for your inspection form' on the ofsted website. Mine asked most of her questions from those and fortunately I was able to refer back when I forgot.

HTHS

mojo0403
02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi

I had mine on Thursday and she was with me for 3 hours.

She firstly went through my CRB forms, then asked about risks and went round the house with me then she just worksed on her laptop and asked me questions, luckily I could answer them as have been "swatting up" in the EYFS folder for weeks in preparation.

I was dreading it and was very nervous but it went really well, and now thats out of the way we can just worry about the next stage.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Jo