PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Planning

Stanfield
01-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Hello,

This is my first short term plan (weekly).

I only have 1 mindee as well as my own two so it is all based around my one mindee so no need for individual planning for him.

I have made a table and have 2 activities a day on it ... I have listed Mondays below.

Does this look OK?

I have added the links to the EYFS but really think you can link almost all of the activities to ALL the EYFS?!? So do I need to write about it in this column or just in my obs and learnig journies?

I also have a column for notes about what worked, who liked what, what I may do differently and further steps.

Any other suggestions?

Also Do you write up activity plans, so on Wednesday I have said I am making Hedgehog shaped bread, but do I have to write up a much more detailed plan for this ... this seems an awful lot of work as I do two activities a day?:panic: :panic:

Day - Monday

Activity - Autumn walk - Queenswood

Descripton - ¾ Day trip, take a picnic.
Collect leaves, twigs, acorns etc.
Play in leaves.
Discuss Autumn and what we can see.

Resources - Pushchair.
Sling.
Picnic.
Bags for collecting collage materials.

Links to EYFS - PSED
CLL
PSRN
KUW
PD
CD

Monday Autumn Collage

Activity Make a collage with the items we collected on our walk

Resources Collage materials.
Glue.
Paper.
Scissors.

Links to EYFS CD
PD
PSRN
CLL

sarah707
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
That looks great!

Do you have an activity plan and risk assessment for cooking together?

I would write one up now if not and use it whenever you are cooking in the future :D

Stanfield
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
No Risk assessment ... didnt think of that one!!!?:panic: I have sooo many already!

I was planning on writing up an activity plan after I had actually done it so I could include photos of the children in the plan and also use this in my portfolio of things we do and for a group observation ... would that be OK?:o

sarah707
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I was planning on writing up an activity plan after I had actually done it so I could include photos of the children in the plan and also use this in my portfolio of things we do and for a group observation ... would that be OK?:o

Who is going to know? :cool:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't write up my areas of learning until I actually do the activity in case we do not do it!

Do you have something to show the starting point within the EYFS as Ofsted are looking for this and proof of progression