PDA

View Full Version : Biting

TheBTeam
01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Something occurred to me the other day, I am not sure what made me think of it, but when you have an incident of a minded child biting another minded child, you write up the report on the child that has been bitten, but do you write one for the child that did the biting?

Never occurred to me before, but i wrote one up this time and got the parent of the child who did the biting to sign it as an incident.

It wasn't until after that i thought about it, not sure why I did, and now can't decide if i needed too?

Any thoughts either way gratefully received!

Pipsqueak
01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
think I would put something along the lines of:

little johnny seems to emulating Dracula!

sorry I know that is of no help whatsoever to you - having a bad day!

TheBTeam
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
think I would put something along the lines of:

little johnny seems to emulating Dracula!

sorry I know that is of no help whatsoever to you - having a bad day!

Thanks for nothing!!laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope you feel better for it,:D

Pipsqueak
01-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for nothing!!laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope you feel better for it,:D

yes i do thanks actually!:laughing: sorry will stop hijacking your thread!:blush:

TheBTeam
01-11-2009, 04:45 PM
No problem, maybe someone having a good day will be able to unravel my gemini brain!

Pipsqueak
01-11-2009, 04:47 PM
No problem, maybe someone having a good day will be able to unravel my gemini brain!

I think in all seriousness that I probably would write something up and talk through with the parents - especially if its a persistant occurance. You might be able to notice patterns or triggers

TheBTeam
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
It is the first time he has actually bitten someone, but looked like it was coming a couple of times, I wrote it up as an incident more because i suddenly thought that Ofsted might say if a child was bitten, then where in the inc/acc book is the other half of the story, because surely that is an incident for that child.

Not sure why i thought of it this time, but most of the accidents don't involve someone else so havent had to think about it before. iyswim

sarah707
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I write it up as an incident and an accident.

I am careful not to mention names.

Hth :D

singingcactus
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I have written up for both parents in my incident book in the past. I write it up so that if it were to get really bad the parent of the biter couldn't tell me that I had not kept them informed.

TheBTeam
01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you, my cm friends dont do this, but as I said I think that whatever made me think of it the other day it is the right thing to do, so yes from now on I think i will write up as an accident (bitten) and incident (biter), I didn't mention names although it wouldn't take clueso to work it out!