PDA

View Full Version : looking for a name.

mama2three
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
i have been using my name as my 'business name' but id like to advertise on the car etc , and somehow feel a a little uneasy having my name and phonenumber advertised. Do many of you have names for your businesses? For all you creative lot can you help me find a name ? Im in sherwood forest , so maybe something related? everything Ive thought of isnt quite right , or there is a local nursery with the name etc. All ideas welcome :)

maisiemog
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Not at all creative so I'm having the same struggle. I'm not keen on using all the typical ones as I want a name that stands out. I was thinking of typing a name I like into google translate thing and seeing what it came out as in french, spanish or italian and using that...now to figure one out in english to try??? Is sherwood forest the robin hood one? Maybe you could use that as inspiration then? Not sure how??? Sorry!

One childminder around here is called Laugh out Loud which I thought was kinda cool.. Maybe you could think along those lines? Sorry I can't be of more help?

buildingblocks
04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Lincoln Green Childminding (can you tell I am not good at htis lol). Why not search the internet for childminding businesses and choose one that is 100's of miles away from you

jackie13
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi, how about Babes in the Hood?!

Jen 10
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Sherwood Forest Childminding/ Childcare
Robin Hood Childcare?

Was thinking something that started with Forest but you may get mistaken for a Forest School unless you could play in the woods a lot and that could be your unique selling point!!

Boring suggestions, sorry. I'll carry on thinking!

P.S. Childcare on the end rather than Childminding can be good to get free stuff on the net!

AnnieM
06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
I can't be far away from you as I am only about 15 miles from sf, love babes in the Hood, :laughing: Little Robins, I like Little Acorns, but I know there is a nursery around this area with that name (I chose Little Treasures as that was on similar lines, same reason as you too, I wanted to advertise on the back of the car).

Ripeberry
06-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Why not try 'Greenwood kids', Little Archers','Babes in the wood', 'Little Robins' that kind of thing...
Also you could tie it up with the name of your area or street name. I chose mine because I had a strawberry patch and part of my road name.
Just make sure you research other childcare business names carefully.
Little Acorns sounds nice but there are MILLIONS of them :D

mama2three
06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
what do you all think of Robins nest? will everyone just think of that old tv programme? Also liking little Robins , and Edwinstowe Elves.

Annie where are you ?

Jen 10
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I like Babes in the Wood and Little Robins.

What was the Nanny called in Robin Hood - maybe she's just in the Disney version!?

mama2three
17-11-2009, 03:39 PM
i think i have settled on curious minds.
what do you think? happy for negative feedback too .

Tinglesnark
17-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi, how about Babes in the Hood?!

oh i love this one! well done jackie haha!

Tinglesnark
17-11-2009, 04:08 PM
i think i have settled on curious minds.
what do you think? happy for negative feedback too .
hmm sounds like a pop group :laughing:

sjane2
20-11-2009, 02:07 PM
my favourite is Little Robins think that's cute.

Jane

Merry-Minder
20-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I like 'Babes in the hood' or 'Babes in the wood'.

Im the same as you, I didnt want a typical name, I wanted to stand out.
Im called Merri-Kids, its spelt that way as my road name is Merrishaw road, the kids part came from putting different options in my facebook status to get peoples opinions - others were Merri-bubs, and Merri-tots.

Good luck.xxx

mpoppins
24-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Babes in the wood :)

mama2three
26-11-2009, 05:41 PM
well thanks everyone. as you can see from the avatar Ive settled on ' little explorers ' as it describes my setting the best. we spend lots of time in the forest and local area. Liked forest fun , but Dh said Id get some very dodgy phonecalls if I advertised that! Little Robins was close too. Babes in the hood reminds me of the film too much!
Kath , Little explorers childminding. x x

miffy
26-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Think Little Explorers is lovely!

Miffy xx

Spangles
26-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Little Explorers is a lovely name.

whisper_1981
30-11-2009, 11:40 PM
sounds good bit late for my sujestion but will pop it in anyway lol how about little robins ?