PDA

View Full Version : Tax credit?

It's a small world
30-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Can someone help me please. Got a mum coming to sign for 2 after school children. Job center called yday to confirm fees and hours and said mum have payment for first wk and a bit for 2nd wk but will then have to pay diff. Will she get an allowance each mnth and this will be the same scenario each mnth? How does tax credit work?

youarewhatyoueat
30-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes mum has to make up the difference, its not your problem. Give her your invoice for payment in advance and she has to pay as normal.

sarah707
30-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Parents must not use the 'tax credits haven't come through I can't pay you' excuse!

It's not our problem ... our contract is not with tax credits, it's with them!

Hth :D

It's a small world
30-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Sorry dont think ive explained myself. Children start monday with me. Job center takin my bank details to pay tax credit but the amount mum has only covers first week n bit of nxt so mum has to pay diff. I wont take children if doesnt payment as not my problem.anyway i just want to know will this be the same every mnth. So much in bank for tax credit and mum pays diff each mnth? Does that make sense now? Or is this a one off and next mnth mum pays all fees! Sorry if confused im in the car after day at seaside with family. Oh im not driving lol.

Minstrel
30-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I dont think this is Tax credits you are talking about because they are paid directly to the parents and based on their earnings. Could it be a back to work scheme for single mums where job centre are helping with childcare???

It's a small world
30-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I dont think this is Tax credits you are talking about because they are paid directly to the parents and based on their earnings. Could it be a back to work scheme for single mums where job centre are helping with childcare???

possibly I don't know. Just know shes got so much money but some has been used to buy clothes and then she has enough left over to pay my first week and then part of the second but then she has to pay the remainder... How does this back to work scheme work then???

Job center sending info with her tomorrow and I need to give them my bank details/fees/hours etc and return it to them monday.

OHHHH SOOOOOO CONFUSED....BUT IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH :blush:

Pudding Girl
30-10-2009, 07:14 PM
No this isn't Childcare element of tax credits, this must be something different, I'd suggest asking what so you know what to do if there are any problems

Minstrel
30-10-2009, 08:53 PM
You mentioned clothes money too and so i would def be inclined to think its a lone parent back to work scheme- i have heard of something like this.

Perhaps give the job centre a call yourself and ask to be talked through all the ins and outs- although if parent is to top up than thats for her to sort out and not you. xxx

tammerisk
31-10-2009, 07:47 AM
if she is going back to work she will have had some kind of back to work bouns it is like a helping hand for job center till tax credits come through if she has put in for tax credits(job center will have gpone through the form and sent it all off)they can take up to 4 weeks to come through.
she will be paid either monthly of weekly ofr tax credits and they will give her lump some they will only pay up to a max of 80 % so she will always have to pay some towards it.

it is her responsability to pay you no matter what and you will not know weather they have paid her or not unless she tells you

so as the other say just invoice her and tell her to just keep phone ing tax credits till they pay as i have found the more you pester them the quicker they sort things

i have also found that parents will use the 'they haven't paid me yet ' to get out of paying for weeks and weeks!!!!