PDA

View Full Version : It's late and I'm now confused...

Mcgons
30-10-2009, 12:21 AM
... got sidetracked reading other posts and I'm supposed to be sorting out my insurance! :)

With NCMA I've read on other posts that you have to use their paperwork if you ever need their legal help? If so, is that just contracts, or all of their paperwork? - I can't find any info on it on their site. I wanted to use some of my own paperwork as I find it easier (and looks like it's cheaper)

Just curious, any of you using MM, are you not members of NCMA just down to cost of the membership or do you not agree with the lobbying they do to help childminding?

Going to bed now so hope someone can help tomorrow!:)

sarah707
30-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Just curious, any of you using MM, are you not members of NCMA just down to cost of the membership or do you not agree with the lobbying they do to help childminding?:)

I am very grateful to Ncma for the lobbying they do on behalf of childminders.

I was offered a choice of MM or Ncma 15 years ago when I first registered and joined MM as it was so much cheaper even then.

I suppose I've just carried on.

MM offer a good range of benefits / extras now as well :D

singlewiththree
30-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I am still a member of the NCMA and am going to the conference I see that as different from using their insurance.

I treat the insurance as I would any other and search for the best deal. I like MM forms and the fact you don't have to use theirs.

Mcgons
30-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Can you be a member of NCMA though and not use their insurance? I preferred MM forms when I looked at them both.

sarah707
30-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Can you be a member of NCMA though and not use their insurance? I preferred MM forms when I looked at them both.

Yes you can!

Ncma are an organisation to support childminders...

They also happen to offer insurance through an insurance company :D

Mcgons
30-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Went round the houses and back again trying to decide, but in the end have gone with NCMA - was originally all for MM. Wanted to try out the membership seeing as the council have a grant that covers it for me, and the case you get is lockable so that saves me having to buy one (I can be easily swayed:)!)

The Juggler
31-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Went round the houses and back again trying to decide, but in the end have gone with NCMA - was originally all for MM. Wanted to try out the membership seeing as the council have a grant that covers it for me, and the case you get is lockable so that saves me having to buy one (I can be easily swayed:)!)

you can use MM insurance and join NCMA. My understanding is that to get help with contractual issues you have to use NCMA contracts. That is the only NCMA official paperwork i use.

I make my own attendance sheets, accident forms, child record forms and keep my own accounts on a spreadsheet.

Don't go buying too much and some of it is not userfriendly. I hate the NCMA registers!

Mcgons
31-10-2009, 10:37 AM
As the council give me a grant I have to get the toolkit so think that has lots of paperwork in it anyway. Did ask the council if I could just get MM insurance and a couple of bits of paperwork as I didn't want the folders etc, but they said I had to get the start up kit - even though that costs them more money (typical councils!). Went with NCMA so at least I can use the lockable case. Was only planning on using their contracts as I agree some of it is not user friendly so the other bits may end up wasted unles I can pass them on to someone. Thought about getting MM insurance and NCMA membership but council wouldn't pay for it that way and if I did that next time, it would be more expensive than going with NCMA totally. I'll see how I get on with the membership anyway, if I don't like it I'll change to MM next time. :)