PDA

View Full Version : do parents sign visitors book?

Merry-Minder
28-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I have an attendance register and a visitors book, should my mindees parents be signing the visitor book? or just the register? or both?

zillervalley
28-10-2009, 11:21 PM
mine just sign the resister and mrs o was alright with that

ziller

Trouble
28-10-2009, 11:24 PM
mr o signed mine

also the gas man and the plumber:laughing: :D :D

zillervalley
28-10-2009, 11:25 PM
mr o signed mine

also the gas man and the plumber:laughing: :D :D

mrs o signed mine too

did you get a man o rascal

Trouble
28-10-2009, 11:26 PM
mrs o signed mine too

did you get a man o rascal

yes and lovely he was ive had him twice:clapping:

Merry-Minder
28-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Ok - so contracted parents sign the attendance reg and anyone else signs the visitor book - is that right?

zillervalley
28-10-2009, 11:30 PM
yes and lovely he was ive had him twice:clapping:

twice and you got a great grade two you lucky rascal lol :clapping:

Trouble
28-10-2009, 11:33 PM
twice and you got a great grade two you lucky rascal lol :clapping:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

i get my childminder friends to sign my book and put why they came to swop resources:blush: not come for a coffee it looks better:D

David Sheppard
29-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi,

The visitors book is an integral part of your child protection. You should be logging everyone who comes INTO your setting whilst you have minded children present and the length of time they stayed. Just in case there is ever any question regarding an incident with one of your children.

That wouldn't need to include parents who just drop off their children at the front door, as you sign the attendance register, only ones who may, for whatever reason, actually come in.

Regards,

David

angeldelight
29-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Hi,

The visitors book is an integral part of your child protection. You should be logging everyone who comes INTO your setting whilst you have minded children present and the length of time they stayed. Just in case there is ever any question regarding an incident with one of your children.

That wouldn't need to include parents who just drop off their children at the front door, as you sign the attendance register, only ones who may, for whatever reason, actually come in.

Regards,

David

Yes I agree with David

Really important for the visitor book to be signed by anyone for whatever reason who comes into your home

Angel xx

miffy
29-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi,

Regards,

David

I agree with this. Whilst it's not mandatory to have a visitor's book it is very good practice and might help if there are ever any allegations made against you or the setting.

Miffy xx

bexcee
04-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Regards,

David

Thanks David, that makes it nice and clear :)

buildingblocks
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I use a signing in sheet at both doors. One door is the sheet for the children to be signed in and out on and if a parent decides to stay or comes in for whatever reason they also sign this one. At the front door I also have another signing in sheet (used to use one sheet for all which was fine with Mrs O on a previous inspection) and this is where all visitors sign in whether it is the gas man or my mum or parents in law. We have got people in transforming the garden and they are signing in and out each day even though they never enter the house when the children are here.