PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Variation request.

yummymummy_2006
28-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I am really struggling with a variation request to have 4 under 5's as I've been asked to look after twins this means that in the mornings for 1 hour I will have one child over my numbers with a 3 yr old, twins at 4 (full time ed) and 7 yr old as the lovely ofsted inspector said I could only have 3 children under 8 due to space or rather lack of it.

In the afternoons after school on a Mon, Tues, Thurs I will have my 3yr old daughter another 3 yr old and twins - so 4 under 5's as well as being one child over my numbers for 2.5 hours.

The twins would only be coming term time only but ocassionally on inset days if mums are the same which would mean 5 children if 7 yr old hasn't been collected at 1.00pm when 3 yr old arrives (don't think ofsted would go for that) :eek:

I just want to know exactly what ofsted want to know, I really don't know what to write and I've waffled on about the routine and how I would get to school and back safely with the children.

I don't know what else to write really and especially about equipment apart from extra handwashing supplies and possibly a buggy board so i can have 1 3yr old in buggy one buggy board and other two children holding on to pushchair.

Please help

Trouble
28-10-2009, 09:31 PM
How you will keep these children safe reigns etc

i drew them a graph of the times they would cross over

risk assesment? for anything

not sure trying to think:(

yummymummy_2006
28-10-2009, 09:50 PM
There's a chart on the bottom of the variation form outlining the times the times I would have each child so they can see when they would cross over. Is the action plan just to say how I would keep the children safe and how I would plan my day?

Also what do I need to write in the equipment part i.e as in what I have and what I'd need to purchase? I'm guessing that this part is for babies in terms of safety equipment gates, fireguards (which I have) and pushchairs, travel cots ect.

They want to know how I'd meet each child's individual needs but I don't know what needs these children have without having the children in the setting first to assess this, I'm also assuming this is mainly for babies who'll need naps and feeds and more one-to-one interactions.

Must say I'm feeling pretty thick at the moment - am I completely misinterpreting things.

Trouble
28-10-2009, 09:53 PM
no your on the right track

id say thats what they want

also feeding time if they come how will you feed them if there babies which there not but thats the idea

id say you have it sussed:thumbsup: :D :clapping:

Zoomie
28-10-2009, 09:59 PM
talk about how you will feed the children - have enough chairs / boosters / highchairs.

also about possibility of children needing naps - where they will all sleep etc.

I am being inspected tomorrow as I applied for a variation for 4 under 5's for 1.5h a week.

Trouble
28-10-2009, 10:01 PM
talk about how you will feed the children - have enough chairs / boosters / highchairs.

also about possibility of children needing naps - where they will all sleep etc.

I am being inspected tomorrow as I applied for a variation for 4 under 5's for 1.5h a week.

:eek: :eek: good luck

yummymummy_2006
29-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys, I don't feel so stupid now, I'll get it emailed to ofsted tomorrow - not banking on them granting the variation though because when I had my pre-reg inspection I asked for 3 children as well as my own child (she was 18 months ish) at time.

I got an outright NO YOU CANNOT and she said that there wasn't enough square metres per child for 4 children in the living room during the school holidays and especially if there's a baby and/or toddler?!!!????

yummymummy_2006
29-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Just a thought but should I be filling a variation in for 4 under 5's? They will be starting with me in jan (if I get the variation) but they will be in full time ed so won't they be classed as rising 5's?

Zoomie
30-10-2009, 05:48 PM
If the twins are in full time school they are considered rising 5s and therefore fall into the 5-8 bracket, BUT you can only ever look after 3 childminded children because that is the maximum on your certificate.

if the children are term time only, you might be able to argue with ofsted cos they won't be there ????