PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Coordinator????

shelly03
27-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi sorry its me again, My little girls poorly and im stuck at home 'bored' therefore taking the opportunity to mither you lot with many questions, lol. What does the Childminding Co ordinator actually do? Is it necessary that i get in touch with her, Will she help me fill in vacancies? I have actually been trying to get hold of her for 2 weeks now but she doesnt answer the phone or reply to messages, which is extremely helpful (sorry but it is annoying):)

David Sheppard
27-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Our network coordinator (Fareham in Hampshire) works part time. She is the loveliest, most friendly, helpful and accommodating person you could hope to meet. She was an Outstanding Childminder before being employed by NCMA to setup, maintain and administer the Network of Accredited and Community childminders. She also has a major input to our training.

The coordinator may have access to a number of other childminders and be able to pass on details of your vacancies. In our county we have a dedicated free Children's Information Service for advertising vacancies for childminders.

Hope this helps.

geordiebunny
27-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm the same as you 6 weeks now been trying to get my grant paperwork and details of my local network. Finally today because i was really annoyed and demanded to know the managers name and their managers name I finally got somewhere and low and behold they passed the blame onto ofsted yet when i rang the ast 2 times they said ofsted had already sent the details :angry:
Am back now once again waiting for a phone call from the co ordinator to arrange a visit, my paperwork is in the post and I have the name and phone number of my local network which isn't actually local to me prob best suited with blackpool as that's nearer.

Pipsqueak
27-10-2009, 11:49 PM
It seems that co-ordinators have varying jobs depending where you are in the country.
Our CDW is lovely and very helpful. She co-ordinatates (in amongst tons of other things) training and support oppotunites, sorts out the Inclusive/Support/Pilot networks (all one and the same just different umbrellas), she offers practical support and advice to all minders who bother to access her.
She is also currently my mentor of uni.
Her predecessor was a fantastic lady as well.

We are really lucky we have an actual NCMA office in the area so I have access (as do other minders) to all these lovely staff.

Sadly its seems that not all CDO's and CDW's have the time or inclination to interact with the minders in their areas

Polly2
28-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I wish I had one :( In my area there are no networks, no co-ordinators, no cm support goups, no training, nothing.:(

sarah707
28-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I wish I had one :( In my area there are no networks, no co-ordinators, no cm support goups, no training, nothing.:(

Awww Polly you've got us! :D

Polly2
29-10-2009, 11:44 AM
True :thumbsup: I don't know what I would do without you all :clapping: :clapping: