PDA

View Full Version : quick laminating question

Blackhorse
26-10-2009, 05:00 PM
can you laminate an A4 page then cut out shapes and laminate the shapes and it will still stick together?

I have only ever laminated A4 paper but then didnt cut anything out...

hope the question makes sense.

thanks

amanda1309
26-10-2009, 05:08 PM
not if you want to cut up the whole sheet

You can cut out pieces of paper and arrange them in the laminating sheet ensuring that there is space aroud them. Once they have been laminated you can then cut them out.

Both sides of the laminating pouch need to stick together in order for it to work

I hope this makes sense

TheBTeam
26-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes when you have laminated you can then cut it out, do you then mean put one on top of the other and relaminate?

miffy
26-10-2009, 05:35 PM
You can cut out shapes once you've laminated as long as you leave a small margin around them (you won't see this as it's clear).

Not sure why you would want to laminate it again

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
26-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I thought I had to put it throught he laminating thing again to make it stick..

but with your instructions I can do it now!! Hopefully!

madasahatter
26-10-2009, 06:34 PM
If you have a hot laminator and you are only laminating one sheet you can usually cut shapes out without needing a border. The heat of the laminator bonds the plastic laminating sheet to the paper. You can't use the cut outs anywhere they would get wet as liquid can soak up through the cut edge. If the laminated pieces may get wet then it's best to have a small border of just the laminating pouch around each shape. If you are laminating 2 sheets of paper back to back then you definitely need a border or else when you chop shapes out it will drop to pieces.

sarah707
26-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Do you mean to put things outside?

I double laminate if it's signs or displays that might get wet :D

Blackhorse
26-10-2009, 06:37 PM
thanks for that..

I have never done anything arts and crafty with my laminator before..

but mindee did a witch for halloween and I think it will be nice to laminate the pieces...only thing is I am not sure if they then can be glued together or if I need to do it another way...so much to learn...:)