PDA

View Full Version : Leaf fun with laminator

jelly15
26-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Mindee am I out collecting Autumn leaves today and I laminated a few of them with a printed heading on an A4 sheet. Looks preety good if I say so myself:)

Mindee is only 23 months but loved the finished product.

Thought FussyElmo might like to try this with her new laminator:thumbsup:

katickles
26-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I can't believe you have just posted this, we did just the same this morning!!

I'm really pleased to - they look really good:D

I am just about to post about our halloween crafts from this afternoon too, been a busy day here:laughing:

carebear25
26-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I want a laminator - sorry I would like a laminator sounds like they are a good investment x

mummyof3
26-10-2009, 04:13 PM
:eek: We did this too!!!! :thumbsup:

miffy
26-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I haven't done this :laughing: but I like the idea - was worried they would be too thick to go through the laminator.

Miffy xx

jellytot
26-10-2009, 06:07 PM
ooh guess what I'm doin tomorrow :clapping: :clapping:

katickles
26-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I haven't done this :laughing: but I like the idea - was worried they would be too thick to go through the laminator.

Miffy xx

We made some tree pictures last week - I drew a trunk & then mindee put some pva glue on the top & stuck loads of dried leaves on, then I put it through the laminator to keep it all together, they look really good!

My laminator did get a bit stuck but righted itself in the end:)

carlen222
26-10-2009, 06:14 PM
it was on a cbeebies programme last week so we did it too!!! i got bites up my leg tho collecting the leaves!!! grrrr.....

little miss chatterbox
26-10-2009, 06:15 PM
i got my laminator from the tesco value range. It was as cheap as chips and is really good!

might have to try the leaves!

Merry-Minder
26-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I want a laminator - sorry I would like a laminator sounds like they are a good investment x

I bought a laminater yesterday - and then laminated everything in sight!!!
Am I sad for loving it a little too much :blush: lol

nemo97
26-10-2009, 06:24 PM
We did this activity last week. I printed off a tree trunk
and mindees glued on some leaves. :)
It looks good when it's been laminated :thumbsup:

Mollymop
26-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I love this activity!! To make it more interesting we glue some glitter on the leaves as well - looks lovely when done!

FussyElmo
26-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Mindee am I out collecting Autumn leaves today and I laminated a few of them with a printed heading on an A4 sheet. Looks preety good if I say so myself:)

Mindee is only 23 months but loved the finished product.

Thought FussyElmo might like to try this with her new laminator:thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Might be the job for tomorrow.

Merry-minder I love my laminator (sorry our laminator) and I too got concerned just how much I enjoyed it!!!!

Twinkles
26-10-2009, 08:19 PM
We did a similar thing last week. We made bookmarks with the childrens names on and a few of the small leaves we collected earlier. Then we laminated them - they looked really good :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
28-10-2009, 08:24 AM
think will do this this afternoon after the museum visit as there's tonnes of autumn leaves outside the building can have fun in them first though playing before we collect them xxx

TY x

christine e
28-10-2009, 08:44 AM

Miffy xx

We did this last year - unfortunately it broke the laminator!

Cx

carebear25
28-10-2009, 10:53 AM
guess wat im doin 2day, collected leaves yesterday and bought laminator last nite so that we cud do it 2day, kids currently watchin Toy Story x

ORKSIE
28-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I dont have a laminator:(
But yesterday we collected Leaves, helicopters, and fir cones and we made a lovely Autumn picture, I dont thinl I would have got the fir cone throught the laminator tho:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
28-10-2009, 04:13 PM
We did this last year - unfortunately it broke the laminator!

Cx

have just done this activity and it has broken my laminator too it all got stuck and melted everywhere :(

Winnie
28-10-2009, 04:45 PM
have just done this activity and it has broken my laminator too it all got stuck and melted everywhere :(

oh my :eek: we did it this afternoon- i wouldnt have chanced it if i'd looked on here first- maybe its an activity i will not be doing again :panic: ....looks pretty though.

LittleMissSparkles
28-10-2009, 05:25 PM
oh my :eek: we did it this afternoon- i wouldnt have chanced it if i'd looked on here first- maybe its an activity i will not be doing again :panic: ....looks pretty though.

i think it was because we glued the leaves onto the trunk of the picture and it heated too much going through the laminator :laughing: oh well you liv and learn wont be doing that again , if only because the laminators broke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

manjay
28-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I too jammed my laminator a couple of weeks ago with leaves. Luckily no permanent damage done:thumbsup:

Chanelle
28-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I WANNA SEE PICTURES !!!!!!! :D

LittleMissSparkles
28-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I WANNA SEE PICTURES !!!!!!!
:D

what of ???? not my poorly laminator :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jelly15
28-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry about your laminator Sparkles I started this thread and I feel responsible:o

I saw on another thread that you can laminate with an iorn and teacloth, maybe it is best to do it this way with thick items.

LittleMissSparkles
28-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry about your laminator Sparkles I started this thread and I feel responsible:o

I saw on another thread that you can laminate with an iorn and teacloth, maybe it is best to do it this way with thick items.

dont be silly its not your fault hunnie just wanna them things you learn from lol xxxx

helenlc
01-11-2009, 01:06 PM
We did this too a couple of weeks ago - my laminator struggled too but did survive!!:D

teacake2
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I get the children to draw around their arm and stretched out fingers to make a tree and so they have their very own arm tree.
Teacake2