PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for pre-reg visit - portfolio

Saz
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I am just getting my paperwork ready for the pre-reg visit on Monday and wanted to ask for advice on what I should I have. I have been reading through lots of threads about this and I have picked up loads of ideas. But I would really like to double check about what I should have please.

So my portfolio consists of:-

2 page intro to my service - brief details on what i offer, my training, my home, nutrition, hours and fees (thought I might hand this out to prospective parents)

CRB, car docs & d/licence, landlord permission letter, gas safety record, training certificates, copy references

A typical day info sheet, activities & places we visit

A Safe Child - relevant policies & abuse chart
A Healthy Child - as above (where can I find illness exclusion info to print?)
Enjoy & Achieve - as above
Positive Contribution - as above
Organisation - as above

Fees & Hours - full info on my charges and what is included

(My policies I have prepared from the Bromley website and by looking at all the childminder websites - I hope this will be ok but I am booked to attend a quality practice course in April so will make changes as necessary then)

Help is there anything else I can do? Thank you for your help!!!:littleangel:

Amaranth
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi,
You sound like you have most things covered. Will have a think about what they asked my hubby a few weeks ago (he has been my assistant for 2 years but has just registered as a childminder himself). Prob be back on tomorrow now as the wine is starting to take effect now, so prob wouldn't get much sense out of me! :D

Clever Clogs
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Sounds like you have what's needed. Mine was just a couple of weeks ago and I had basically what you have. What I will say is make sure you have your house the way you would like it to be seen cause even if you don't use upstairs I think most inspectors want to see round the house (out of nosiness or what I don't know).

Good luck for Monday.

Tracey

sarah707
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Can't add a lot to your list... here's the infectious diseases chart... good luck for Monday! :D

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/schools/schools_guidelines_2006.pdf

Amaranth
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM
The only thing I can add to the list is, if you have a garden you are going to be using, make sure it is ok for childminding or make sure you can tell them what you are going to do to get it ready if it's not ready yet. The inspector who came to my house had a really good nosey around my garden. :rolleyes:
Hope all goes well tomorrow

Saz
04-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone.

Yes the pre-reg went fine although she was here nearly 3 hours. Thank goodness I had written all those policies/procedures otherwise I would not have had a clue what to say.

She went through each standard and each point of each standard. Asking about each and every procedure so it was very indepth. Much more than I thought it would be! Only points I struggled on were child protection and planning. CP I have not done yet on my ICP but I did have the chart with the phone numbers of my local cp team and I just common sense guessed the answers (although I did say I had not done it yet on ICP). Planning she wanted examples of what I would observe and how I would progress the child on to the next stage of development, what activities I would use. Again not done anything about this yet on ICP so just waffled on for abit.

Anyhow all went fine, very nice inspector, just so glad I had done my homework beforehand.

LittleMissSparkles
04-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks everyone.

Yes the pre-reg went fine although she was here nearly 3 hours. Thank goodness I had written all those policies/procedures otherwise I would not have had a clue what to say.

She went through each standard and each point of each standard. Asking about each and every procedure so it was very indepth. Much more than I thought it would be! Only points I struggled on were child protection and planning. CP I have not done yet on my ICP but I did have the chart with the phone numbers of my local cp team and I just common sense guessed the answers (although I did say I had not done it yet on ICP). Planning she wanted examples of what I would observe and how I would progress the child on to the next stage of development, what activities I would use. Again not done anything about this yet on ICP so just waffled on for abit.

Anyhow all went fine, very nice inspector, just so glad I had done my homework beforehand.

omg really i was so relieved when i had my pre inspection that she didnt ask my to name them all never mind go through each one point by point, well done you :clapping: xxx

allinatiz
04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
omg really i was so relieved when i had my pre inspection that she didnt ask my to name them all never mind go through each one point by point, well done you :clapping: xxx

Neither did mine, in fact when she went through them and I floundered on some she hinted at the answer she was looking for!

Glad it went well!

Delly
04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone.

well done you, sounds like you did great... mine was nothing like this, its really odd the way ofsted operate, You'd think they'd have a set procedure to follow, everyone seems to have had a different experience .. very odd...:huh:

deeb66
09-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Only just catching up with this one but wanted to say

Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
09-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Sorry Saz

I've only just seen this too

Well done - three hours was a long time!

Miffy xx

Saz
09-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you for the good wishes.

Just got to wait for my health form from the gp's, and hubbys CRB then all done!

Clever Clogs
10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Well done and best of luck

Tracey

angeldelight
10-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Well done and good luck

Angel xx