PDA

View Full Version : I'm such an idiot

carla
26-10-2009, 08:16 AM
On Saturday afternoon, i had organised for the police to come around to the house to talk about stranger danger and bullying with the kids. There were lots of kids there, so was really pleased it all went ok.

One mum came up to me and said about the holidays next week, she said, I still have to pay you don't I. I got confused as everyone was talking to me, people were going, the police wanted to talk, and i got the boy confused with another boy as I was talkin, and said, no u don't have to pay me, as he isn't here very often. The boy i was reffering to only comes or 1/2 once in a blue moon.Then u know that feeling when u realise u are talkin, anad then IT hits u KNOW U IDIOT THIS IS THE CHILD THAT COMES TWICE A WEEK, OF COURSE I NEED TO BE PAID!! SHE WAS GREATEFUL AND WENT HOME, AND I FELT SUCH A IDIOT. I TOLD MY HUSBAND WHT I HAD DONE, AND HE SAID TEXT HER A MESSAGE SAYING YOUR REALLY SORRY AND THAT I MADE A MISTAKE. WHICH I DID DO, BUT HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FRO HER, WORRIED NOW!!!!
IT DOES SAY IN MY CONTRACT I NEED TO BE PAID IN THE HOLIDAYS! WHAT SHOULS I DO? NOT SEEING HIM NOW TIL NEXT WEEK!

ALSO ONE MORE THING, I LOOK AFTR 2 BOYS AND THEY ARE NOT COMING THIS WEEK EITHER DUE TO HOLIDAYS, MUM KNOWS SHE HAS TO PAY, SO WE WORKED OUT AN AVERAGE OF WHAT SHE WAS PAYING ME AND AGREED SHE WOULD PAY ME THAT IN THE HOLIDAYS.

SHE HAS ASKED ME TO LOOK AFTER THE BOYS ON WED 1 TIL 3, WHICH IS FINE, BUT DO I STILL CHARGE THE MONEY WE AGREED, OR DO I JUST CHARGE FOR THE 2 HRS THIS WEEK?????

THIS HOLIDAY MONEY IS REALLY GETTIN ON MY NEREVS, SO WISH I COULD JUST AFFORD TO SAY NO TO IT!

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 08:44 AM
take a deep breath. well done your dh! Be honest, call her and say sorry in heat of the moment you got confused. As per your contract holiday pay is required. If she questiosn why the other mum isn't paying say that is an ad hoc contract (once in a blue moon, not two days per week).

The other mum ring and chase up. Tell her you need the money for shopping tonight, you should have asked her on Saturday but forgot and that you are happy to come and pick it up from her today. you charge her the amount you agreed. It's her choice to only use 2 hours of that.

You will be fine.

LOL