PDA

View Full Version : Vegetables

cs01
25-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Could someone pleeeeease help me out?

Am trying to write up an observation. How can I link each point to the 6 areas of learning?

1. Started out with me making a stew, mindees watched me cut up some vegetables and I let them play with some chopped up veg and then they placed the veg (they hadn't played with!) into the stew pot.

2. As they enjoyed doing this, the next day we went to the shops and bought some vegetables so we could do vegetable printing. I will note this down as how I moved them on from the 1st activity.

3. Day 3 we did vegetable printing. I have photos of this activity and also the actual pictures they made.

If anyone can help me link these to the 6 areas of learning I will be very grateful. The obvious one is creative development but I always cover this one.

sarah707
25-10-2009, 02:19 PM
psed - sharing and taking turns / listening to instructions

cll - reading recipe

psr&n - exploring shapes and patterns

kuw - finding out how leeks grow

Pd - cutting things up is using fine motor control / hand eye coordination

Hth :D

Pipsqueak
25-10-2009, 02:19 PM
YOu can link it to all areas very easily

chopping veggies - physical
kuw - where veggies come from, shopping for them, cooking them
psed - healthy eating
did you talk about colours, shapes, sizes, weight, textures etc - then this can cover PRSN (as well as the cooking aspect)
CCL - you talked about the shapes, sizes, colours, names of items, where to get them from etc

you don't have to link every activity to every area - every time. just pick out the couple of main points/areas

cs01
25-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks ladies - perfect!