PDA

View Full Version : Charges when at pre school/nursery?

mpoppins
23-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi
Just wondering if I should charge when under 5's are at pre school or nursery. Don't want to rip parents off but need to earn a living. Can anybody help?
Thanks

mama2three
24-10-2009, 07:41 AM
i do. I have L from 8.30 - 4.30 ; from 12.45 - 3.15 she is at nursery but I still charge full day as she has taken up my full day , and Im then available for inset days etc at no extra charge obviously.

The Juggler
24-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I charge if a parent wants me to have them in the morning, to drop them and pick them up. You couldn't possibly fill the 2 1/2 hours they are at playgroup with another child.

However, if they want a 1230 pick up and care for the afternoon or 0800-1230 etc you might be able to offer a half day session.

Twinkles
24-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I also charge if I drop off/pick up.
At the moment I have one who collects her child from me ,takes her to playgroup and then collects her. But she still pays for the whole day :eek:
I told her I feel very guilty about it but she insists she wants to do it as sometimes she might need those hours - school hols etc.

louised
24-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Definately charge for a full day,I have one who pays for a full day and one who only pays when their child is with me, I wish I had never agreed to charging hourly as I have lost a lot of money and cannot fill the 3 hours the child is at nursery

Mrs.L.C
24-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I currently have one that I drop off and pick up from pre school but I dont charge for 2 of the hours they are there as I also care for their brother and they are both full time. If I didnt have the brother I would probably still charge for the full day

carol cameron
24-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I charge for the whole day when parents send their child to nursery as it is their choice.I explain that they are paying for the place which means I am on call during the time their child is at nursery and it keeps the child's place for holidays/inset days. As other people have said you couldn't fill a place for 2 hours and IT IS OUR JOB after all. I work because I need the money even though I love my job like everyone else I know!

tulip0803
24-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I charge if I drop and pick-up or if they want the space in the school holidays. I explain that they are not paying for my time but for the availability of a childcare space.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2009, 04:17 PM
If the nursery is closed who will have the child. If it is you then I would charge but if not I would charge on the basis of:

If parent drops and I collect - charge from collection
If I drop and collect - charge from when child arrives

westbrom44
25-10-2009, 08:05 AM
I charge when a child is in pre school or nursery.
If I only have the child for half of the day then I charge a minimum daily rate of 8 hours x my hourly fee.

AnnieM
25-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I am exactly the same as DebbieS26. ;) I have never had a daily rate, but always charged hourly, as do most of the other cm's round here, not sure how the daily rates work really, would be interested to know more though.