PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork help - Please!!

Cazz
22-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I've signed a family with 3 children so I have for each child - a contract, NCMA child record form, my own child information sheet and permission forms. I also have a sheet signed by parent to say she has read and understood all policies (one sheet for all 3 children).

My question is where do I put the paperwork now (no rude answers please :D ). I have the NCMA toolkit - should I keep them in there in seperate folders or in a ring binder with a plastic sleeve for each child?

Also, what do I need to get for each child. I've got hardback A5 books for daily diaries (should I have seperate ones for each child? I will only be having the oldest one sometimes in the holidays so do I still need a seperate diary for him?).

I'm thinking I need a scrapbook for each child as well to put photos, drawings etc in. Do I need another book for EYFS observations or is that included in the scrapbook? Anything else I've not thought of?

Please help - now I've got over the excitement of signing them I'm worried that I don't know what I should be getting organised!!

chels55
22-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I keep mine in the NCMA file

Pipsqueak
22-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I have a separate folder for every single child - an A4 ring binder. I keep all mine in a filing cabinet.

aaaahhh I remember the days when I could keep everything in the toolkit box:D

I have an a4 diary for each child under school age and my own journal (I currently keep separate journals for 2 of my others which is for various reasons)

Cazz
22-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I have a separate folder for every single child - an A4 ring binder. I keep all mine in a filing cabinet.

aaaahhh I remember the days when I could keep everything in the toolkit box:D

I have an a4 diary for each child under school age and my own journal (I currently keep separate journals for 2 of my others which is for various reasons)

Sorry if I seem dipsy but is the A4 diary the scrapbook and what do you put in your journal - is that the observations?

Chatterbox Childcare
23-10-2009, 07:17 AM
I have one file for all of my contracts, permission forms and information sheets as these are my records and do not go into the learning journeys.

I don't have scrapbooks for children outside of the EYFS just photo's on a disc.

PixiePetal
23-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I have a plastic A4 popper wallet for each childs information, contracts and forms. Printed their name on an A4 sheet which shows through so I can find it easily.

Separate ring binders for EYFS obs etc.