PDA

View Full Version : said the wrong thing!!!

Merry-Minder
22-10-2009, 03:21 PM
A perspective new parent was meant to come and see me on monday but she called around to say that she couldnt make it and could she re-arrange, I said thats fine but as she has already handed her notice in to the nursery her daughter currently attends I was eager to give her info I how I run my setting, she asked me about holidays and that went well, but then I explained that I need to be paid monthly and in advance, but instead of saying as she starts part way through the month she will need to pay half of Nov and the whole of Dec on the first day her daughter starts I mistakingly said she will have to pay me from part of Nov and whole of Dec on the 1st Dec!! as I only verbally said what I said can I tell her I made a mistake and this is how I want it paid???? or do I have to put it down to trial and error. Please bear in mind that as I am intending on payment in advance I dont charge deposits - so if she does do a runner at the end of nov ill be out of pocket for the days in Nov!!!! I hope this made sense:eek: :eek: :eek:

Daftbat
22-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I am sure that it will be fine if you explain again to her. Don't worry - we all make mistakes:laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
22-10-2009, 04:57 PM
She is used to paying in advance I would think she probably didn't notice and will expect to pay you when she starts, don't worry. Is she using vouchers, just ask her to do a transfer before she starts or bring a cheque on the day.

Goatgirl
22-10-2009, 05:03 PM
hi,
i'd just tell her you think you explained the payment wrong: what's her memory of what you said? then explain what you meant to say... We're only human, so we're allowed to make a mistake. Better than worrying till the end of Nov.
Should be fine :)

good luck :-)

Minstrel
22-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I'd gloss over it and when it comes to payment - just explain it how you meant to. If she says ' oh but you said before.....' then just say 'i'm sorry you must have misheard/misunderstood'

Zoomie
22-10-2009, 10:46 PM
when you do contracts and your other paperwork, show her your fees policy so it is crystal clear.

my advice would be to actually get nov fees when she signs the contract (a task I keep forgetting ... but hopefully next mindee I wont) !

Merry-Minder
29-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Just thought I would let you know that mom came back the other day to sign contracts, and I explained my mistake and she was fine with it - so panic over!

:thumbsup: