PDA

View Full Version : Mini Inspection for Ofsted Variation

Zoomie
21-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Had a phone call from an inspector this morning.

She is coming to do a mini inspection on me next Thursday. I have applied for a variation to look after 4 under 5s and it is to inspect me in this respect only.

She said it wouldn't be a full inspection (thanks goodness cos that SEF is hard going) ... probably just checking my equipment, paperwork and how I will meet the needs of 4 children for 1.5h.

It will be school hols and shall have 2 under 5's 1 rising 5 and two over 8's. My first proper inspection is likely to only be in December (school holidays again), and my pre-reg was also done in the scholl holidays. Just my luck !!.

TheBTeam
21-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Good luck, I am sure it will be no problem.

louised
21-10-2009, 12:53 PM
OMG I hope this doesn't happen to me, I've put in a variation request for 4 under 5's for 1 hour a week, why would they want to inspect you when the variation is for such a short period of time?

miffy
21-10-2009, 08:52 PM
OMG I hope this doesn't happen to me, I've put in a variation request for 4 under 5's for 1 hour a week, why would they want to inspect you when the variation is for such a short period of time?

It might be because Zoomie hasn't been registered very long and hasn't had her first grading inspection yet.

Good luck Zoomie - hope all goes well

Miffy xx

Zoomie
23-10-2009, 08:44 PM
It might be because Zoomie hasn't been registered very long and hasn't had her first grading inspection yet.

It is exactly why I am being inspected.

Inspector only going to be here for last 30 mins of mindees day.

And thank you for the good wishes .... can anyone offer me get paperwork sorted wishes and cleaning wishes. I seem to be stuck doing sweet nothings :rolleyes: