PDA

View Full Version : When do I send in forms?

Maureen75
21-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi, I've just done my pre-reg briefing session last week and have booked onto a paediatric first-aid course for January (have done another course that OFSTED think is ok, but just want to be on the safe side), and also another 1 day course for the EYFS. My name is dowm for the ICP course which is often done after registration in this area, and I have done a risk assesment and made a list of everything I will need to start minding.
I haven't done any policies and procedures yet but have a pretty good idea of what I need to do.
My local aurthority have told us NOT to send our forms into OFSTED until we have everything in place because they may come out the following week and we would not pass the inspection unless it was all there for them.
Other poeple on here seem to suggest that as long as you can show that you are in the process of setting everything up porperly you should be ok. So I'm a bit confused!
Sally.

chewy sweets
22-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes do all your policies and procedures first. But if i were you i'd get them done asap- Then complete and send in the applications as the whole registratin process is quite lengthy. The sooner you start everything the quicker you'll register.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :thumbsup:

naomiesian
22-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi, had my pre-reg visit a couple of weeks ago and the nice Ofsted lady was more concerned about how I would include all children in activites, safeguarding- who would I contact, what should I do, who would I contact, although I have my portfoli,polices and procedures all done she wasn`t at all interested in these, so I think its up to you, if they arrange your pre-reg and come out and expect you to have something in place that isn`t then they will give you a couple of weeks to do it, at least thats what the do in Northamptonshire,hope that helps and good luck with everything.
Naomiesian xx:thumbsup: