PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?

edayhouse
21-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Ok so i am still trying to get my head around fees/charges etc a year down the line!!

If i am off on holiday i dont charge - if they are off i charge.

I currently dont take off any bank/public holidays so apart from my 4 weeks unpaid hols per year i dont take any other days off - if i did i would pay the parents back some money.

I would like to shut over the Xmas break each year - i thought that i would shut the same time as schools do and open up again when the schools go back. Would i be able to put a wee note in my newsletter saying that since i dont take Public hols or charge any extra for them i will close at Xmas instead (still get paid from parents??)

Does this make sense?

Straws
21-10-2009, 08:24 AM
If you don't charge for holidays, and you have put that in your contract, then i can't see how you could charge for xmas. Do you charge for when parent/child are on holiday? I would ask parents what time they have booked off for xmas then work around them so you dont lose much income.

Straws xx

Chatterbox Childcare
21-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I would put in your contract that you get paid for xmas holidays

julie w
21-10-2009, 08:49 AM
You could maybe charge half rate, though it would have to be in your contract. I charge half for both mine and their hoildays. It means I never have a wageless week.

Minstrel
21-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I also think that if your contract says no fee for your hols then you cant just change your mind and close but still get paid.

Maybe something to think about at next contract review time.

dobby
21-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I have in my contract that all fees and terms are reviewed every year,with changes implemented from April 1st. Therefore if I wanted to change something, this is when all parents know it will happen (although i talk about it well beforehand).

I dont take more than about 3 weeks hols a year (2 weeks in august and a couple of long weekends) but I get by as most parents take time off themselves at other times of the year, such as easter and christmas, so i am still getting paid as available, but they are off iykwim. If that changed though, i would review.

I do charge bank hols if child due on that day though.