PDA

View Full Version : Phone rings at 8.20am...

CherryBlossom
20-10-2009, 04:41 PM
its OFSTED!!!! arghhhhh!!!!!!!

She is coming out Monday-so scared.
Not even ready yet-and i don't have plug socket covers and other safety bits yet..do I need them for the visit?

x

huggableshelly
20-10-2009, 05:03 PM
no plug sockets they are not needed .. search the forum there was a big discussion about them.

write up a list of things you intend to do once registered such as fitting a stairgate, purchasing toy boxes, fire blanket, first aidkit, where will you store it!

do a basic risk assessment, look at oyur home, what would need changing once you start work? pictures on patio doors, safety glass on single glazing, toilet seat/step, safety in the kitchen you might want to add cupboard locks etc.

providing you have a list of things to do it shows oyu are fully aware of all dangers and you know how to improve them.

miffy
20-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Don't be scared - the inspector is there to help you at this visit.

Good luck - I'm sure you will be fine

Miffy xx

CherryBlossom
21-10-2009, 06:52 AM
no plug sockets they are not needed .. search the forum there was a big discussion about them.

write up a list of things you intend to do once registered such as fitting a stairgate, purchasing toy boxes, fire blanket, first aidkit, where will you store it!

do a basic risk assessment, look at oyur home, what would need changing once you start work? pictures on patio doors, safety glass on single glazing, toilet seat/step, safety in the kitchen you might want to add cupboard locks etc.

providing you have a list of things to do it shows oyu are fully aware of all dangers and you know how to improve them.

I have seen before there has been a lot of debate about socket covers-but my Tutor told me I still need them..I will double check with Ofsted incase..thanks!