PDA

View Full Version : giving calpol and teething gels etc

Hanabana
20-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Does the parent HAVE TO supply it?

if the child is ill enough to need it then they should be at home but say they have a teething related problem or they are ill and the parents are coming to collect but i want to make the child more comfortable, obviously i would have all permissions in place and phone first but what i am getting at is that i have calpol and bonjela in the house for my son and obviously make sure its in date and packaging correct. can i just use my own with their permission?

deb24
20-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Should be ok as long as you have got permission. Tell them that you would like them to leave you some teething gel & calpol with the child's name on, at least you will have it there ready. The parent's should provide it you shouldn't be using your own regardless that you have it anyway.

sarah707
20-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I agree with Deb.

Plus remember that different Calpol and other paracetamol products have different contents - some are low sugar, some contain artificial colours... children might be allergic to what you have in the cupboard.

Far better parents send some if the child is a bit off colour.

Hth :D

PixiePetal
20-10-2009, 05:38 PM
My parents buy a box of sachets for me to keep. I just tell them when they are going out of date for replacements.