PDA

View Full Version : your 2nd inspection after 3yrs...

littlepixies
20-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok ladies....

inspector confirmed i have my inspection on monday... anytime after 11.30.

So at least i have the rest of this week to get my sef done and head together eh! But i was just wondering..... those of you who have had your inspection since your first.. what do they REALLY look at. I have gone through policies and procedures which have recently been up dated about 3 months back when i moved as in new property. I have also looked through my origional inspection report. Made sure what was at the end to do or put in place is done... only small things dispay certificate and put a complaint book in place.

Any advice.... id love to get out standing obviously like us all.... i was living in a small 2 bed flat when i had my first inspection and happy that i got good in every aspect... but i now have 3 yrs expecrience be hindme ... and nearly compleated nvq3 and btech.

all advice for the day would be great :)

Chanelle
20-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I have only had my first graded inspection but was very luckyto have got an outstanding.

I would say to be hot on your child protection. Have your booklet for safeguarding children where you can find it quickly, she may ask to see it.

Road safety. She was concerned that I have busy roads to cross over as I have 6 children to bring home. Explain how ytou do your road safety.

Make sure you have a policy that states what you would do if you had a child who wasnt picked up. State that it is no longer social services you contact but The Children and Young People Service. and The Children and Young People Service Referals Team if quoting for child protection.

Ensure you have all your risk assessments up to date, and one that is a daily check, that yo urecord on a seperate sheet.

A sheet that shows your fire drills. She was impressed with mine.

Make sure your observations, planning is up to date and you clearly show where your next steps are and how you link them.

Multicultural posters, showing diversity...

When she was looking through the paperwork, she asked where stuff was, i expalined and told her little snippets of info too. Tell her little examples of the way you have done things. :)

These are all things the inspector was impressed with. Things she asked me.

I can think of anything else at the moment but will post again if I think of anything. :) HTH!

nannymcflea
20-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Definately checked the points from the last inspection. Safeguarding children procedure.Risk assessments,on everything.Next steps,planning,obs and how it links to the EYFS.How I assess my work and am pro-active in getting training.How I work with parents in all things and how I can prove/show this.All policies and procedures,child record forms and parents have signed everything.

Will look for my report and try and post it,you can read what she liked!

Good luck.

https://www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_reports/display/(id)/235677