PDA

View Full Version : Inspection either tom or weds, potty question

ahew30
19-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Just a quick question, I have started my own daughter potty training, she is really good at using the potty, my concern is if she uses the potty, what do i then do with my two mindees who are aged 1 and 2 when i need to clean it out, I only have a toilet upstairs. I can't take 3 kids upstairs and a full potty, but if I leave it downstairs in the gated kitchen or locked out in the conservatory (door always bolted) then i will be marked down for hygenie? Help? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Zoomie
19-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Not sure what others would say, but can you not just ensure that everyone is safe downstairs (ie can't go outside and (no dangerous) toys to trip over etc) and then nip upstairs ...

If you tell the inspector you have thought about it and this is the method that you have come up that minimises risks, then surely that should be okay. Remember it is about minimising risks, not eliminating them.

Good luck. You should so calm.

sarah707
19-10-2009, 05:12 PM
you need to write it up as a risk assessment and think about the different things you might do and why they are no good.

For example, you cannot (absolutely cannot) keep potties in the kitchen... health and safety, food hygiene etc.

A potty is best on a hard floor or drips can damage carpets and make them smell. Alternatively it's best on a waterproof mat ...

So think it all through and write it up and you'll be fine so long as she sees you have thought it out.

Good luck :D

miffy
19-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx

sweets
19-10-2009, 06:11 PM
make sure the children are in a safe area and take any troublemakers with you! lol and just empty the potty upstairs, it takes no longer than going for a wee yourself! lol.

youarewhatyoueat
19-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Good luck with the inspection and put her in a nappy.Lol

Merry-Minder
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Just a quick question, I have started my own daughter potty training, she is really good at using the potty, my concern is if she uses the potty, what do i then do with my two mindees who are aged 1 and 2 when i need to clean it out, I only have a toilet upstairs. I can't take 3 kids upstairs and a full potty, but if I leave it downstairs in the gated kitchen or locked out in the conservatory (door always bolted) then i will be marked down for hygenie? Help? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hiya - I have been wondering about this sort of situation myself - so thanks for bringing it up.
Can I ask how this went while Ofsted were with you?
I hope all went well with the rest as well.

xxx
Sarah