PDA

View Full Version : Tax Credits

Merry-Minder
19-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I am about to go through contracts with a new parent, I think I have everything in hand, apart from one detail - date of payment!
I am asking her to pay in advance, but we are yet to discuss the date the payment will be taken each month, I am a little confused as she is paying me out of her tax credits money, and said she gets paid part way through the month on a monday, which I know will not be the same date each month, because my tc's get paid the same way. So how do I work out which day she will pay me? I would prefer it to be the same date each month as its easier.
I hope my question makes sense. If I think about it any more I think my head may pop off!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
19-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I would make the payment date the Friday of that week and then she has 4 days in which to get it to you. This would be for the following month and I would ask her for the balance from when she starts to that Friday upfront as part of your settling in period.

I wouldn't work money out on a weekly basis but monthly and would take the total yearly cost and divide it by 12 and that way you do not have to worry about a 5 week month. The parent will have more money that money but at least you know how much is coming in and she knows how much to pay.

Minstrel
19-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Personally I dont involved with how they pay me.

I am reasonably flexible and am happy to let them choose the payment date as long as it in advance. Ask her to have a think about what day would be best for her and let her worry about saving the tax credits for you.

(if for example you choose the 15th and she gets paid every 4th monday then she will get the money a few days earlier each month and its down to her not to spend it)

singlewiththree
19-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I get paid taxcredits every Friday and always paid my childminder upfront. Even if I meant we went without buying food for the rest of the week and ate of the cupboards. I started with my childminder on the Monday but didn't get paid until the Friday but she was always paid on time.

I have one parent who always paid on a Monday but has started paying me the friday at the end of the week, the problem is if we both forget like we did on Fri I don't get paid until the following Tues and I need that money and its a cheque. I need to get brave and tell her she needs to pay in advance again.

Merry-Minder
19-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys:thumbsup:

I think I have decided to just ask her to decide on a date (as long as it is the same date every month it makes no odds to me)
I think your right in saying its not my responsibility to worry about where the parent is getting the money from as long as im getting paid.
I think mom might have a problem with this but I am going to have to be strong.

Thanks again:D

FizzysFriends
19-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I get my tax credits weekly on a Friday (just in time to spend them at the weekend).

I ask all my parents to pay on the first day of care in the month, I like everyone to pay on the same day as its easier to keep track of whos paid.