PDA

View Full Version : New SEF in word and inspection in two weeks

tinytoescm
18-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I have completed the new SEF form with thanks to the Word document received on the forum and with the magic help of Sarah's e-book (thank you Sarah). I started to transfer it to the online system to get half way and to realise that the old one is still on the Ofsted website!!! I was wondering why I couldn't tie in the questions.

Anyway, my inspection is week commencing 16 Nov, can I email or post my SEF to OFsted for the inspector, as I gather they would want to read it before inspection. I know who the inspector is, but will Ofsted forward it to her to read if it is in paper copy or email? It is 39 pages long - poor inspectors:eek:

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Rose

sarah707
18-10-2009, 05:28 PM
It's going to be a while before they get the online system up and running I think - a lot of kinks need ironing out.

I would post it first thing next week, then the inspector will be able to read it before she comes.

Put a covering note in stating inspector's name and when the inspection is to help it go to the right person.

I'm glad you found the e-book helpful! :D

gigglinggoblin
18-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I attached mine to an email and sent it to to general ofsted email address with a note to say who I wanted it to go to, it arrived fine.

tinytoescm
18-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Brilliant. Thank you both for your comments. I will do one more scan over it in the morning - one could just keep typing forever on it but I think I need to "let it go". Many thanks.
Sarah, as I used the new format based on the document you put together with the new questions etc, I will not get penalised will I for not using the current online version then will I?

Have a good evening and thank you for your help.

Rose

sarah707
19-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Brilliant. Thank you both for your comments. I will do one more scan over it in the morning - one could just keep typing forever on it but I think I need to "let it go". Many thanks.
Sarah, as I used the new format based on the document you put together with the new questions etc, I will not get penalised will I for not using the current online version then will I?

Have a good evening and thank you for your help.

Rose

No not at all!

In fact I know of 2 childminders who have recommendations on their reports to update their Sefs...

One didn't even know that there was a new version!

I told her she'd better join here, we know everything :laughing: