PDA

View Full Version : what if you've got no kids?

charliegee
18-10-2009, 12:37 PM
hello all

just had a funny chat with a friend today and wondered if you could help us!

My friend knows she is having her inspection this week coming but her parents called this morning to say they are going on holiday this week unexpectedly (lucky things!)

She looks after (normally) two children full time each day and the other parent is not having care this week as has grandparents staying.

so....should she tell ofsted she has no kids? - I thought yes, she thinks no!

- should she tell ofsted to re arrange as she has no kids (other than her own) this week?

should we phone Ofsted in advance to tell them to rearrange or is it okay to have them come and not tell them?

sorry for funny question

Charl x

madasahatter
18-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Yes she needs to ask Ofsted to rearrange. If she has no children present I believe the best she can be graded is satisfactory.
I would try ringing from around 8am tomorrow just in case the inspector was planning on coming out that day.

sarah707
18-10-2009, 01:22 PM
If she is quite content with a satisfactory grade, as many childminders are, then she should go ahead with her inspection.

If she feels that she might get a higher grade with children present, then she should ring and postpone.

Hth :D

miffy
19-10-2009, 05:55 AM
If she is quite content with a satisfactory grade, as many childminders are, then she should go ahead with her inspection.

If she feels that she might get a higher grade with children present, then she should ring and postpone.

Hth :D

I agree - perhaps she just wants to get it over and done with?

Miffy xx

charliegee
19-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I agree - perhaps she just wants to get it over and done with?

Miffy xx

haha - that's exactly what she said - she said she is not going to tell them and say she didn't know and said she would be v happy with satisfactory.

I too have my inspection shortly (my first and working and keeping everything crossed for a good) and am really scared! been completing my SEF and is taking aaaaages!!

will ask her about any "inspection tips" and ask her to post them!!

x

angeldelight
20-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Good luck to your friend

Angel xx