PDA

View Full Version : CRB process is so annoying!

Mcgons
16-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been waiting for DH CRB check for over 6 weeks, Ofsted has everything else good to go...so DH said he'd chase it up and rang the police forces today.

Well 2 sent their searches back within the 1st week but Gtr Manchester told him that they have 60 days to complete it - when they got the request on the 28th Aug, they just scheduled it in for the 27th Oct to do it then!!!:angry:

At least it's not long now if they do it then, but how annoying is that! I know they can take a while, but they don't even attempt to do it until 60 days!

Merry-Minder
19-10-2009, 11:26 AM
If you google 'CRB tracker' you can find a site where you can track the progression of your CRB for yourself. If you dont know the reference number there is also a tel number there and if you give your name/address etc they will give you the info you need.:)

Mcgons
19-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks, we have been tracking it through the crb site, but it's been at stage 4 for weeks and it's all down to Greater Manchester Police not doing their checks until just before their 60 day time frame is up! I just can't understand how they can do that when people's jobs depend on it.

MarpleJollytots
19-10-2009, 05:39 PM
We have had the same problem :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Thanks for the thread, at least we know were not the only ones.

candy cat
19-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi! mine took 3 mths so i found out what force it was with (sussex & thames valley) for me....then looked on there website and phoned their disclosures dept.I did this and within 5 mins she phoned me back to say all done and i got it in 2 days.

My problem is the social service checks as they have done my local one,but i used to live in sussex who are so back logged that could take another 3 months!!!:angry:

Mcgons
22-10-2009, 06:06 PM
FINALLY my crb tracking says printing in progress!!

My DH rang gtr manc police last friday to see if they could complete his check sooner, they said they will ask and call back. Didn't hear so thought they couldn't do it, but then DH got a phone call today from them saying it had been sent back!

Definately worth the chasing, if only I had done it sooner!