PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

jus
16-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi All,

Need some advice if anyone can help, at the moment I look after mindee who is at nursery 2 villages away, I take mindee to nursery for 12.30 and the time I get back home have something to eat it's time to go back and pick him up 2.40pm, so I am in time to pick up mindee from the school in my village.

The mindees parents wanted me to have him when he starts full time after christmas but I've told her I cannot do it, as I cannot be in too places at the same time, I cannot afford to turn away parents if the children attends the schools were I pick up from. :panic:

The mindees mum as recomended me to her friend who she works with as she needs place for Jan 2010 for 2 year old, She hasn't said which area she lives. But don't want to be in the situation I'm in know.

If the child isn't going to attending the nursery school in the area I pick up from, but I'll be willing to take him on until he does start nursery, and explain term before he starts nursery look round for childminder in the area who picks up from the nursery he will be attending.

Hope someone can help.:D

Jus

singlewiththree
16-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I would explain to the parents which nurseries you pick up from and those are the only ones you do.

I have lots of enquiries from one of the nurseries I pick up from for the 4pm pick up but I refuse to do it as I pick up from a school 15 mins walk away from the nursery and its not fair to drag everyone to the nursery and then back to my house. I have told them I will pick up at 12pm when I pick up my daughter but not the later time. I think you just have to be honest otherwise you will be in the same place you are in an a years time and run ragged. Good luck.

sarah707
16-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I agree with Paula, I'd go with saying where you live and where you're prepared to pick up from.

You can't be haring all over the place at school pick up time, if you get stuck in traffic or something you'll be late for your own and stressed.

Plus it's not really fair on the child to settle them in then they have to leave.

I know it's a pain to turn away work though. :rolleyes:

Hope you are well x