PDA

View Full Version : Xmas pressies

Bex1
15-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi
In Poundland there are small canvas' that I bought in a pack of 2 and so I thought these would be ideal for the children to paint pictures on and give them to there mums and dads as a christmas present? These can be hung as well if the parents want to put them up at home!

My DD has made big ones for her grandparents and literally she has just dabbed her paint pens all over it (she is 2) and it looks messy but its her own work and i think her grandparents will love it!

Thought I would share!

Becky

Chatterbox Childcare
15-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Sounds good

In Ikea they have a pack of 4 photo grames for £1 which are wooden and can be decorated too. Might be good to put your canvas in to preserve your masterpiece

PixiePetal
15-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks, I only have one mindee at the moment - he's 2 and will get some for him to paint. Got some acrylic paints for £1 in Wilkinsons, he can use those :thumbsup:

carlen222
15-10-2009, 04:35 PM
i bought the pack of 6 small canvases from baker ross art website, ive painted them all in acrylic paint and plan for the wee ones (9 months-13 months) to put their footprints on them with a contrasting acrylic paint for mums and dads xmas. i have done one so far and looks very impressive!!!!

It's a small world
15-10-2009, 05:05 PM
i bought the pack of 6 small canvases from baker ross art website, ive painted them all in acrylic paint and plan for the wee ones (9 months-13 months) to put their footprints on them with a contrasting acrylic paint for mums and dads xmas. i have done one so far and looks very impressive!!!!

Footprints across the canvas like walking (depending on the size of canvas would look good ...maybe get 3-4 footprints depending on size of feet of course. Might nip into poundland tomorrow :laughing:

miffy
19-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for that - I feel a trip to Poundland coming on :D

Miffy xx

Willowdancer
20-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Here's another idea - Wilkinsons had some round canvases (£1.48 each but about 12" diameter) when I was in earlier today which got my brain in action again :D

Anyway I was thinking they could be decorated to look like giant Christmas baubles. :)

singlewiththree
22-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Are Acrylic paints ok to use on children?

Daisy1956
20-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the ideas think the older children will love making the bags for parents I like the one about the canvasses may do one with Grandson for his parents