PDA

View Full Version : CRB checks

Mcgons
14-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm still waiting for the police bit (stage 4) for my hubby's CRB check - it's been nearly 8 weeks, has anyone rung the police forces direct to get theirs chased? What do you say?

We've lived in 3 counties in 5 years so guessing there's a delay somewhere but would just like it to get moving.

I already had a CRB check done and ofsted said everything else is done so as soon as his crb is back they can issue my reg certificate.

gegele
14-10-2009, 05:45 PM
my hubby took nearly 8 weeks as well, i just phoned ofsted regulearly. hubby never moved, never had convintion etc it depends where your crb arrived to some place are too busy to bother.:(

but my certificate arrived 3 days after hubby crb!!!!!!:thumbsup:

candy cat
14-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi! yep after waiting 3 months!!i phoned police disclosures and they literally did it within two minutes and posted the next day......Your partner will need to do it.I am unsucessful with with the social service checks though and because west sussex is so back logged i may have to wait another few mths!!:angry:

Mcgons
14-10-2009, 08:01 PM
denni70 Hi! yep after waiting 3 months!!i phoned police disclosures and they literally did it within two minutes and posted the next day......Your partner will need to do it.I am unsucessful with with the social service checks though and because west sussex is so back logged i may have to wait another few mths!!

Where did you get the number, just off the web for the main county headquarters? What did you say when you rang?

candy cat
15-10-2009, 09:24 AM
YEP OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED TO KNOW WHICH POLICE FORCE IT IS WITH....MINE WAS THAMES VALLEY AND SUSSEX AS LIVED IN BOTH AREAS.GO TO WEBSITE AND MAKE SURE YOU SAY DISCLOSURES AS THE SWITCH BOARD DID TRY AND SEND ME BACK TO MAIN CRB NUMBER.GOOD LUCK!!

Mcgons
15-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks, DH going to phone all 3 of them!