PDA

View Full Version : Couple things...

devoncm
13-10-2009, 10:17 AM
First ive had enquiry for 3 days a week 2 children aged 1 and 2 years, after talking fees over with marc he said about giving a £1 discount for younger child, does anyone else offer discounts? one of the days is a saturday, how would you charge this?

Second, a friend is due a baby the same time as me, when she goes back to work would she be entitled to any help with vouchers or something as she works 17 hours and gets about £90 a wk but childacre would be over half of that? ive said ill see what i can do but i dont want to be doing it for peanuts

jaja
13-10-2009, 10:57 AM
First ive had enquiry for 3 days a week 2 children aged 1 and 2 years, after talking fees over with marc he said about giving a £1 discount for younger child, does anyone else offer discounts? one of the days is a saturday, how would you charge this?depends on you, its your business, i did give a 25p discount per hour to sisters i had but mum was happy to pay full anyway, and saturday i charge double time.

Second, a friend is due a baby the same time as me, when she goes back to work would she be entitled to any help with vouchers or something as she works 17 hours and gets about £90 a wk but childacre would be over half of that? ive said ill see what i can do but i dont want to be doing it for peanutsshe should be entitled to 80% paid by family tax credit or vouchers if her employer does them, that could save £90 per month, again only offer what you want, at the end of the day she would be taking a space up and you are limited under 8, if the child was older than 8 i offer a reduction for the older child, as they leave before the younger one, if this makes sense.

good luck with whatever you decide to do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Juggler
13-10-2009, 12:43 PM
if you do offer a discount (I wouldn't personally or maybe 25p/hour) then I would offer for the oldest child. That way, when oldest starts school you are not left with the child on the lowest fee - if you see what I mean. £1 hour discount is a lot of money over a year.

FizzysFriends
13-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't offer sibling discounts even for the family of 3 siblings I have.

Your friend may get tax credits help depending on the family income but there wouldn't be any point in getting the busy bee vouchers as she's under the tax threshold anyway.

youarewhatyoueat
13-10-2009, 01:11 PM
No I don't offer discounts, they are the same amount of work, makes no difference what family they come from.
Have a look on the tax credit website there is an online calculator that may help her work out the childcare element.

Gherkin
13-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I do a 50p discount on the eldest child as the likelyhood is that you have the youngest one in your care for longer if they stay with you. Saturdays are double time but I do not do them any more.

I do not reduce my rates at all other than the sibling reduction.