PDA

View Full Version : Do your before/after school mindees pay during holidays?

Emmylou75
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Just as title reads really! At the moment I have mindees under school age but was just wondering what everyone does with school children who come before or/and after school with regards to charging parents during the school holidays. I know most parents arrange alternative care for holidays or do it themselves but do you still charge them if they dont come? or do they pay half fees?

thanks in advance for any replies

Emma x

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I do not charger retainers for holidays at the moment because i have a mix that fits well of term time and holiday time only, and my last lo who came along term time only suits me not to have him in the holidays, so i said I am quite happy with no retainer because I would like not to have him in the holidays, (nothing to do with not liking him, but just not wanting any more children around this age in the holidays).

When i cared for twins under 5 who were my only 2 allowed in that age group and i worked on my own I used to charge a half fee retainer to their teacher mum, now i work with dh and we have a bigger group of children, income is not as important as one less in our numbers (our own two children are now older and require more individual time to occupy them), so i don't charge retainers to anybody to keep a place, i charge a fee i am happy to receive for whatever portion of the year that they come.

nic76
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
i dont have any in holidays at the minute as mums are all teachers/helpers etc and i have never charged

mama2three
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
i charge a 50% retainer , couldnt afford to take term time only otherwise.

miffy
12-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I charge a small retainer (unless I'm on holiday) if they don't want me at all in the holidays.

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
No because the afterschooler I have goes onto full 9 hour days in the hols :) if they didn't then they'd be on a term time only contract anyway so i wouldn't charge the hols then.

Daftbat
13-10-2009, 05:53 AM
I make sure at the start of the contract whether they just want a term time contract or not. I have a five year old who has just started school and mum works full time so if he was not with me during the hols i would charge a retainer as normal. If they are over eight i don't usually charge when they are not there since technically they are not holding a place - however, i have to treat each situation sparately as even over eights COULD be charged if they definitely want to hold a place since i get really busy and could go over my limit for insurance without a lot of planning.

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2009, 06:54 AM
You will get different responses to this but I don't charge as I fill the spaces.

balloon
13-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I don't have ASs any more but when I did they were term time only and I didn't charge a retainer.

Tam's Tribe
13-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi

You need to work out the figures to see which is the best alternative for you and your business.

I have a good mix between all year, term time and holiday only mindees so I dont charge.

Hope that helps!

Lovies
Tam
x