PDA

View Full Version : December Bank Hols

twinkle3005
12-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I mind a little boy on Thursdays and Fridays term time only but wondered what happens when a bank holiday falls on these days? Christmas day and New years day are both Fridays this year so do I not charge as it's in school holidays or do I charge as it's a bank holiday? What do you all do?

Thanks Jo :rolleyes:

Hebs
12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
i don't charge for christmas eve/day as i'm not prepared to work them :D

i think NCMA say we can only charge (even higher rate) if we are prepared to work them :)

Debster
12-10-2009, 11:51 AM
If you only charge term time only then I think you should not charge her as it falls in the school holiday.

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't charge as it is in holiday time.

Daftbat
12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I never charge for christmas hols as i am defintiely not prepared to work them. This is definitely time for my own family:)

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2009, 01:50 PM
This is not part of your term time contract so it shouldn't be charged at all.

The Juggler
12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I mind a little boy on Thursdays and Fridays term time only but wondered what happens when a bank holiday falls on these days? Christmas day and New years day are both Fridays this year so do I not charge as it's in school holidays or do I charge as it's a bank holiday? What do you all do?

Thanks Jo :rolleyes:

you shouldn't charge as you wouldn't be working.

mrs c
12-10-2009, 05:04 PM
It depends on your contract. I have teachers children and charge half pay during school holidays as I am available to work. My parents tend to give me half pay and only send their children on the odd teacher training days. As I am happy to not have their children when getting half pay, I never ask for full pay when a bank holiday falls during school holiday time. I have worked during Christmas and New Year as my own children are older and quite enjoy having mindees around and help to entertain them so our days pass really quickly.

daisyboo1980
12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
im working to 1 on x mas eve so i will be charging to 1
im not charging x mas day and boxing day as im taking them as holidays

wendywu
12-10-2009, 11:10 PM
If the contract is term time only, then you can only charge for BH that fall in term time.:)

Roseolivia
13-10-2009, 02:54 PM
It depends on your contract. I have teachers children and charge half pay during school holidays as I am available to work. My parents tend to give me half pay and only send their children on the odd teacher training days. As I am happy to not have their children when getting half pay, I never ask for full pay when a bank holiday falls during school holiday time. I have worked during Christmas and New Year as my own children are older and quite enjoy having mindees around and help to entertain them so our days pass really quickly.

I do this as well and normally have the xmas hols off although i may work 1 or 2 days which i then charge full rate for these 1 or 2 days. I won't be working Xmas day but will still charge half fee even though i'm not available. Parents have never complained about this before as i'm very flexible during hols and if asked i'd work (although not xmas or new years day).

cuddlybunny38
13-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I have a term time child and only charge for bank holidays that are in that time, such as may day. I also look after children on thur and fri but have already said to parents xmas eve/ day I am not open so no charge will be made.

wendywu
13-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I finish about 3 on christmas eve, but get paid a full day. One of the perks of not charging when they are late on the odd times. :)