PDA

View Full Version : Do all bits of your house that are registered have to be in use?

gigglinggoblin
10-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Ofsted are coming next week. We have been unable to use the garden for a while because dh has been leaving all the junk from his diy out there. I was assured it would not be there when Ofsted arrive but I know it will be. I am really ill and am just not up to the arguments it will take to get him to sort it out. I am on the verge of giving up I am so sick of his constant mess.

Anyway I have risk assessed his diy and have put that any areas affected will not be used so that covers the garden. Will the inspector accept that? Its not long since I asked for a variation to use the garden because he finally cleared it up, less than 2 months after I was granted permission it was out of action again.

Very fed up today :(

Chatterbox Childcare
10-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I am sure that your RA will be enough to keep the garden registered - I think it will depend on the inspector, although they may or may not make it an action point

Hope all is okay

gigglinggoblin
10-10-2009, 09:56 AM
What will the action mean, will I have a time limit to get it sorted? Its my first inspection so I am not sure what will happen really, advice its very much appreciated

Chatterbox Childcare
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes they will say you have ... time to do it

gigglinggoblin
10-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for that, can I just ask for it to be removed form my certificate instead? Theres no way he will keep it tidy.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-10-2009, 10:09 AM
You can do but you will have to have a back up plan as the children have to have access to both inside and out.

gigglinggoblin
10-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks, you have been really helpful :)