PDA

View Full Version : Is this fair

nikkia77
10-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Had an enquiry from a shift worker, both parents on same shift, it's a rolling rota so I could have mindee 2-4 days a week & they would be able to tell me on the friday what days i'd be minding the following week so I would have to keep a space open every day, after reading a few posta on here I was thinking

contract mindee for all 5 days
charge full fee for the days I mind
charge half fee retainer for days I don't
tell parents that all 5 days are available to them if they want me to mind on a day they not working & charge top u to full fee on those days

hope that makes sense, what do you think

Hebs
10-10-2009, 09:28 AM
i have 2 that are on a rolling shift, i find out on thursdays what days i have them the following week.

i charge full for all 5 days, dont see why i should loose out financially as mum wants every day available, therefore she knows she can pick up overtime at short notice :thumbsup:

Debster
11-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I think its only fair to charge for all days . You cannot fill the spare days with another child as you do not know from week to week what days you are doing and its highly unlikley that another child will fit the same pattern. Do a bit of research call up other minders in your area ask what they would do.
Debbie

sallybrooke
12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
One of my little ones comes monday one week, and Tuesday weds thurs and Friday the next.
I charge for 5 full days as the chance of finding someone needing the oposite days is nil.
Mum gets 80% of my fees paid, and can work 5 days a week if the work is available, which rarely happens but she does occasionally do a few extra days.

Sally x

jo f
12-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Definatly charge for full time- don't go loosing out, nursery's would charge full time. The only thing is though you will probably find that they will bring the child on days that they are not working also as they are paying for your service. Think of you and your needs!!!

nikkia77
13-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Definatly charge for full time- don't go loosing out, nursery's would charge full time. The only thing is though you will probably find that they will bring the child on days that they are not working also as they are paying for your service. Think of you and your needs!!!

I wouldn't mind that & my dd would love the company, she gets fed up when ds is at school

carol cameron
24-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I had a mum on shift work some years ago. We agreed on a minimum number of hours per week that would be paid for-15 in this case- but that if she needed less she still paid the same. If she needed more she paid more and the basic fee remained the same all year round including holidays. That suited my circumstances at the time. I was happy to have some quiter days at the time. If I had other children in place I would probably charge full fee as the tax credit system is now in place.
Good luck in deciding what is right for you.:)