PDA

View Full Version : weird...

charliegee
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey all

hope you're enjoying your fridays!!!

so..I got the call this week... :panic: scary!!!

they rang about half 5 to ask if I had started minding yet and so I said yes literally just started really...and she (mrs ofsted) said she would be coming to do my inspection in 3 weeks?

she said is there anything else I want to do before inspection or did I have any questions...I said I hadn't started my SEF yet but had filed my setting as it were so she said if I found SEF too hard going online - to do as much as I can.

She seemed nice (touch wood!) i must say.

REALLY silly question..but has anyone else had as much notice as this?! seemed weird (although I'm grateful of the notice!) she is giving me such a long time notice?!

thought they only gave you a few days notice?!

anyone else had this?!

x

TheBTeam
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Nope mine came the next day, and stopped me going out!

charliegee
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
gosh the next day!!! eek you poor thing!!

x

TheBTeam
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes she rang at 2.30 and i was only home for the few minutes it took to swap a double buggy over as the one i was using was collapsing, and i was walking with my childminder friends to the park behind my house, and stupidly answered the phone when i came in!

She said within the next three days and came the next morning stayed for 4 1/2 hours and grilled me to within an inch of my life! When she knocked on the door she said, 'hello, my name is x and i don't give outstanding and i very rarely give good and i have already given one this week!' So rather dumbfounded I said 'well feel free to come in and give me a satisfactory!'

At that point my husband who was just about to go out recognised her as a childrens entertainer and called her by her act name, which really put the downer on it!

I didn't fair too badly from the overall inspection but she did write some rubbish that was just plainly wrong, but i didn't worry about it and came out with a good, that was two years ago.

I was in the fortunate position that my paperwork and everything was in a pretty good way as i had recently done the area quality standard accreditation which meant i had got stuff how i wanted it so had no work to do to be ready to be inspected! Just as well as i was out all the day and evening before she came!

Lainey Lou
09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
well Ive been minding now for 7 months altogether and they haven't been out to see me yet!! I've even emailed them to remind them 'yoo hoo, I'm here, childminder awaiting first inspection' but nothing yet. At least its given me time to get things in place but would like to get it over with now so them I can relax abit. Good luck with yours, hope it goes well :) xx

Pipsqueak
09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
An easier option and nicer mini-version that is acceptable to Ofsted (my friend got a good in all areas) just using this:
go to the links at the bottom of the page

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage3e34cd79.aspx?Map=50B5970964421EB60B90E DC9A7661E89

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I had three months notice but never knew which three days until she rang and told me.

Annie_T
09-10-2009, 09:36 PM
if you have just started then yes they prob want you settle child/ren in and have an ob done on each child and any paper work sorted .. as we all know wont be done from day 1

I had week notice which was good as it gave me time to bits i had not done

I did sef but wish i did a better version (like one given here) as i found it hard tbh

well Ive been minding now for 7 months altogether and they haven't been out to see me yet!! I've even emailed them to remind them 'yoo hoo, I'm here, childminder awaiting first inspection' but nothing yet. At least its given me time to get things in place but would like to get it over with now so them I can relax abit. Good luck with yours, hope it goes well :) xx

You need call them and tell them your minding hun - what i had to do in end as they called after 6 month of reg'ing and i wasnt working so asked me call them soon as i was minding ... few weeks later i get the call

babs
09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
i started minding on a monday they turned up on the thursday .... 3 days into minding :eek: but all turned out fine ....:)

Minstrel
10-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Yes mine called on tuesday and asked if i was minding yet. I told he i started at beg of sept and so she said she would come and see me at end of november beg of Dec so i have about 2 months notice!

Lainey Lou
10-10-2009, 09:15 AM
if you have just started then yes they prob want you settle child/ren in and have an ob done on each child and any paper work sorted .. as we all know wont be done from day 1

I had week notice which was good as it gave me time to bits i had not done

I did sef but wish i did a better version (like one given here) as i found it hard tbh

You need call them and tell them your minding hun - what i had to do in end as they called after 6 month of reg'ing and i wasnt working so asked me call them soon as i was minding ... few weeks later i get the call

Hiya Annie, yeah I have called them as well!! I called them a few months ago and let them know I was minding again, I expected a call from them within a few weeks, nothing, then I emailed to back myself up! Think they have forgotten about me .... not complaining !! :)