PDA

View Full Version : Children's Centre forum meetings

Sleeping Baby
09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi all I have been a member of the children's centre forum since it started and have always managed to work it around childminding but now I have full timers and am unsure what to do. The centre provides a creche when the meetings are on which is just the other side of a slidding door. Mum is happy for this to be used for her children and thinks it is good for parents to have imput into the centre, she ran the breast feeding group at the centre before starting uni. The children know the workers as we go regularly. But I am thinking that even with a permission slip and her blessing I am batting on a sticky wicket. Any thoughts would be much appriciated as we all seem to look at things differently, but I think I am going to have to give it up (the forum not childminding!)

venus89
09-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I spoke to my regional NCMA lady who said this is frowned upon by the NCMA even with parental permission but I'm afraid that I can't for the life f me remember why :blush: I think it was something to do with th efact that we're meant to be looking after the kids, not somebody else, and possibly to do with liability in the case of an accident. Would your centre allow you to have the childrenin with you? I take my mindees along to the parent focus group at ours and they hold the meetings in the play room sot he kids a perfectly happy

sarah707
10-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Why not write to your insurance company and ask for their opinion - in writing - including what forms / information they want you to complete for the children if they attend?

That way you would be totally covered whatever you decide.

hth :D

Sleeping Baby
10-10-2009, 12:11 PM
OK thanks for your help

Pauline
11-10-2009, 04:08 PM
As far as I am aware Ofsted will allow you to leave children in a creche with parents permission, provided it is only for training purposes on a subject that will enhance your childminding practice i.e. First Aid, Safeguarding.

Otherwise it is a no

:)

ajs
11-10-2009, 04:15 PM
As far as I am aware Ofsted will allow you to leave children in a creche with parents permission, provided it is only for training purposes on a subject that will enhance your childminding practice i.e. First Aid, Safeguarding.

Otherwise it is a no

:)

i always thought we were allowed to access creches for up to 2 hrs without it being a problem
think it's worth giving ofsted a call for clarification.
i was on the cc forum too but the children played around us so if there was a need i just dealt with it

Pauline
11-10-2009, 04:32 PM
i always thought we were allowed to access creches for up to 2 hrs without it being a problem

No they won't allow creche use except for specific things, it was to stop minders thinking they could go to the gym, art class etc. and leave children in the creche! :rolleyes:

TheBTeam
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I still left a child in my care in the school creche while i watched my daughters play, i had parental permission to do it and her choice was the creche or look after the child her self, the creche was virtually within earshot if the child cried pretty loudly i could have heard him!:laughing: