PDA

View Full Version : Panicking big time!!!

Miriam
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Had a call yesterday from Ofsted to say they want to come and do my first grading inspection at the beginning of November :( I am so worried about it that I dont really know where to start. I desperately want to get a "good" and at the moment I dont think I would. Not because I am not good at looking after the little ones but cos of the paperwork side.

Just tried to access my SEF for the first time and got right through to enrol in SEF then it said my access is denied, rang ofsted and I have to call back tomorrow cos that team have gone home!

I have had two new children start this week, so am still reeling from the shock of going from looking after just one child to looking after several. I just feel a bit overwhelmed with everything and with the inspection looming I dont really know where to start....

Sorry but I needed a moan.:panic:

miffy
08-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh bless - hope you're feeling a bit better today :)

Did you get your sef sorted - the new one is in the free downloads section if you just want to have a look at in or start filling in a paper copy.

Miffy xx

Stanfield
08-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Your sef will be frozen now (I think) as OFSTED have announced they are coming to inspect you. You could still print a version of it (think there is one on here) and hand write it, just say you hadn't had time to transfer it to the computer before they phoned!:D
I am due my first inspection soon too, also hoping to get good, or outstanding as I work so so so hard and strive to be the best (Love a little competition:D , but hate it when I loose:blush: )

Good Luck:thumbsup:

Sleeping Baby
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh Miriam do not panic. I had no access to the SEF so filled a few pages in on a hard copy I got hold of (which was very out of date!) She came on the Thursday my mindee had started on the Monday. He was very lively shall we say (challanging behaviour she said):eek: I had one learning file from a child who only now comes in the holidays but I still got a good.
She read through all my policies and procedures, fire evacuation seems to be their thing of the moment. The two new starters are a gift because you are still in the getting to know them stage, doing different things to see what they like and how their minds work. You will do great and remember if you get a good this time you have three years or so to get your outstanding. The very best of luck let us know how you get on.