PDA

View Full Version : How to e-mail a variation request

louised
06-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Can anybody who has e-mailed a variation request tell me how it is done? I have filled in the form online but i'm not sure how to send it

louised
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
can anyone help, I really want to apply for the variation as soon as possible as it seems they're taking a while to come back

gigglinggoblin
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I emailed a request that went through fine, put in the title what it is and when it is required for then just email it to the enquiries@ofsted address. I attached a word document with all the information and photos supporting it then scanned a copy of my signature and pasted that on the bottom, they said they couldnt process it without the signature but not sure if thats the case with the online form as I didnt use it. hth

avril
06-10-2009, 12:08 PM
I saved my form to the computer, did an email then attached the form as an attachment, it went through as they confirmed receipt.

shopshelleyd
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I emailed mine last week, you don't need a signature now if emailing. I got a reply within the week because it was urgent, they were really helpful :clapping:

louised
06-10-2009, 01:16 PM
I emailed mine last week, you don't need a signature now if emailing. I got a reply within the week because it was urgent, they were really helpful

Did you fill in the online form or did you just write an e-mail?

madasahatter
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I suspect that the signature part may depend on who you speak to at ofsted (as we all know the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right one is doing)
I would give them a ring to check. I recently emailed my variation request as an attachment because it needed my signature.

gigglinggoblin
06-10-2009, 03:10 PM
It was a couple of months ago I sent mine, July I think (when I was told I needed a signature). If you have a scanner or a digital camera it is really easy and might save it being sent back so worth it if you are in a rush :)

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I asked for a variation yetserday and they sent me the email and on it it states that if you are sending it electronicly then you dont need to sign it.

louised
07-10-2009, 01:33 PM
so I've sent my variation request, does anyone know how long before they acknowledge my e-mail

shopshelleyd
07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I got an acknowledgment within 24 hours. I chased up response a few days later and got response two days after that.