PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Ofsted is coming!!!!! Trying to be Cool! lol

Chanelle
05-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Okay, I finally managed to speak to the Ofsted lady who inspected me on my Pre-reg, I have her again and am very pleased, she was really nice !

She has gven me my day of next Tuesday!

I am now panicked that I have much paperwork to catch up on and am trying hard to take deep breaths! lol

Anyway, what I want to ask is if there is anything Ofsted are particularly taking note on? I remeber not so long ago it was Child Protection for obvious reasons but is there anything new that has reoccring in recent inspections?

Thanks for your help all ! xx :)

miffy
06-10-2009, 06:44 AM
From what I've picked up reading through the forum

- risk assessments

- starting points (what the child can do now for each stage of development)

- sef

- next steps

- working in partnership - parents and other settings

- safeguarding - make sure your policy includes what you would do if a complaint was made against you or any of your family.

HTH's

Miffy xx

ajs
06-10-2009, 07:16 AM
miffy has said all of the things i was thinking of
my inspector was hot on safeguarding and how i ensure that the children receive a rounded and balanced learning time with me, how i move them on to the next stage etc.

good luck, don't panic and most of all be yourself

Annie_T
06-10-2009, 08:17 AM
good luck tho i think your be fone x

grindal
06-10-2009, 09:45 AM
My pre reg and first inspection very very keen on questions about multi cultural resources, inclusion and accessibility of resources. Good Luck

misst104
06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
I had mine a couple of weeks ago and she was asking about - safeguarding (with particular reference to what you would do if you think a child is being abused), fire drill procedures, what to do if child comes to you with existing injury, risk assessments.

HTH. Glad you are having the same one who you liked. The one I had was HORRIBLE!

xxx jo

Chanelle
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Thank you all, it makes me feel better knowing an idea which areas are particularly hot on at the moment. I had heard Child Protection was still hot topic and have already prepared for that.

The risk assessments are definatelly something that I am struggling on! Think I will need to update them lol

Thanks again for your replies everyone and I will let you know how I get on!

:)

stressed
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi mine was also hot on safeguarding, next steps, risk assesments and policy for everything oh and sef.
Good Luck!:thumbsup:

marian
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
My Mrs O's favorite was working in partnership.

Im sure you will be fine! deep breaths!

Marian x

harrysgirl
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
My Mrs O's hot subjects were safeguarding, partnership with other settings, diversity, partnership with parents.
She also asked one of my mindees who is only 3 loads of questions too - how do I keep him safe on outings, how do we cross the road etc. Thankfully he said exactly what she wanted to hear!! (so he does listen to me occasionally:laughing: )

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Have faith in yourself & what you do:clapping: