PDA

View Full Version : simple activities for school children

mushpea
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
i have 4 after school children 3 of whom love craft activities, tonight we made chocolate crispie cakes and last week i cut out squirrel shapes and they decorated them but i am in need of some more ideas, we do things like playdough
drawing/colouring
fuzzyfelts
sand pit and water play

so does anyone else have any simple craft ideas that a 5yrold boy, 6yrold girl and 11 yrold girl can do with little help, i also have a 3yrold who would probably join in and athen a 2yrold and a 10 month old along with a 9yrold to look after too, this is why i need easy to do stuff.
we also have things like comuter, wii, games and toys but they really love to do a craft .

Carol
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Do you have a topic or theme for each month?
October has Diwali and Halloween so there are lots of simple crafts on activity village website and dtlk or google Diwali crafts or activities and lots of web pages come up or this link might help

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/craftprojectsbytheme/Crafts_by_Topic_or_Theme.htm

Carol xx

mushpea
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
yes we are doing divali next week and then halloween for 2 weeks after that then bonfire night, I do stuff on the themes during the day but because we dont get much time after school anything i do must be simple and somthing they can do on their own.

avril
07-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Don't forget the all important junk modelling were imaginations can go wild and they can build anything they want. I use to mind an 7yr old girl and she loved doing this, my shed was over run with boxes etc....:laughing: