PDA

View Full Version : New Style Contracts - charges for Bank Hols

christine e
04-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi

Brought up this matter at the East Mids forum yesterday and I was told that the changes to the contracts were made without consulting members.
I will keep you informed but I am expecting that changes to the contracts will be made. On a plus note I am led to believe that NCMA are going to be consulting with a forum of about 500 childminders regarding their publications (this is something that the East Mids have been asking NCMA to do for a while now).

The forum yesterday was poorly attended but nevertheless was a good day out with an excellent workshop led by Alison Noble from Caterpillar Music!

Christine

sarah707
04-10-2009, 12:27 PM
sounds like you had a good day! :D

What changes do you mean Christine?

miffy
04-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Sounds like it was an interesting day Christine.

Thanks for the update re contracts

Miffy xx

christine e
04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
sounds like you had a good day! :D

What changes do you mean Christine?

Hi Sarah

I haven't seen the new contracts but there was something in the Aug/Sept Who Minds saying that if you are not available for work on a bank holiday then you cannot charge for it even if it is a day you would normally work and the contracts it seems have been changed to that effect.

Christine

jodi-anna
04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
....that makes sense but charging 'double time' on B/H days if you DO work would perhaps put parents off anyway. That way you would feel better charging 1/2 and still get a day off with just a little something.... after all, most parents are probably getting B/H pay themselves and 'double' if they work. Why shouldn't we??.....just a thought:idea: