PDA

View Full Version : could someone explain ..

Lainey Lou
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Hiya, this is probably me being a thicko but could someone explain what it actually means being on the Early Years Register and on the compulsory and voluntary parts of the childcare register? xx:)

Daftbat
03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
The voluntary parts relate to minding children over eight years old.

Zoomie
03-10-2009, 04:36 PM
early years is for children 0-5, compulsory is 5-8 and voluntary is 8 to 16 (not 100% sure of age).

why do you want to know ?

Lainey Lou
03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
early years is for children 0-5, compulsory is 5-8 and voluntary is 8 to 16 (not 100% sure of age).

why do you want to know ?

no reason in particular just wondered exactly what they mean. Had an idea early years was 0-5 but wondered what the others were exactly. Thanks x:)

sarah707
04-10-2009, 08:16 AM
These are the registers...

For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 ¬plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

Hth :D

little miss chatterbox
14-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi I'm glad I have found this thread because the different registers have been worrying me! I seem to have missed some correspondence somewhere which explains it!

Will I automatically be put on the registers or do I need to do it myself and how do I go about meeting them?

I'm guessing the early years register is meeting the needs of EYFS

How do I find out about the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register?

I currently don't have mindee's over 8 so am assuming I don't need to be on the voluntary one?

I'm all confused!

Thanks and sorry if I sound a bit dim!

Ripeberry
14-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I think it's best to apply to be on ALL the registers as you might have over 8
year olds one day :thumbsup: