PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be kind enough to share their planning

nikkia77
03-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I just need to see a few different examples to get an idea of what i'm doing, I would really appreciate it thanks in advance x

Lainey Lou
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
sorry not even started on planning, its next on my list to get to grips with! Have you had a look at the planning section on here, there will probably be quite abit on there maybe. Sorry I am no help whatsoever!! :) x

youarewhatyoueat
03-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I tend to mainly do short term planning, I use a sheet with names at the top and the 6 areas down the side and I put ideas for activities in the boxes, but as my mindees are all young thats what they are just ideas of ways to extend what they enjoy doing, we often don't get that far. I also have a calender which I use for medium planning which includes trips out and festivals etc. If i'm stuck for something to do I have a continuous provision folder and i've just bought a really good book 'a practical guide to activities for young children' which links to the eyfs.
Mine are all fairly basic plans, but it works for me. To be honest some weeks I don't even refer to them as we go with the weather and the mood of the children, if its nice we go out.
For the after schoolers I now have a box of colouring and painting etc in the kitchen and a box of games in the living room and thats about all the planning I do for them, they tend to keep themselves amused chatting outside on the swings and chilling.

youarewhatyoueat
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Theres a thread on the minding chat page called planning and tinkerbell has shared a really good sheet that she uses, it would be a good starting point for you.