PDA

View Full Version : Variation 6 to 8 weeks!!!!

02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I have applied for a variation with Ofsted and have been told that all variations will now take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed :eek: . How is that going to work realistically??? If we are approached by a parent seeking childcare are we really going to have to make them wait for nearly 2 months before giving them an answer???

Sleeping Baby
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Strange I put in a complant about this and was told they are close to completing in 14 working days (so nearly three weeks)
Try complaining to
John.Platovschek@Ofsted.gov.uk
As he is the one I spoke too and he told me to get back to him if the variation process took longer than the 14 working days.
Good luck

sarah707
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
We have been warned by other members that there is a huge backlog at the moment and it is taking much longer than usual.

I hope yours comes through quicker! :D

Pipsqueak
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I have mine granted - wait for it 6 (yes you read that right) SIX months after I first applied for it (and subsequently cancelled whilst it was going through). Beat that anyone:rolleyes:

Thanks for that email addy - that is really interesting to know

Sleeping Baby
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I called Ofsted today as I put in for a variation last week and she said they would be able to process this within the 14 working days so watch this space. I was given some advice on here the last time I applied which was to put the date the varation is needed in the title of your nagging e-mail especially if this date has passed, it worked they did respond to that e-mail the rest they took no notice of at all:censored:

funtoplay
05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi I have had 2 variations granted in the past couple of months both granted within 2 weeks. I made sure to email my request and marked it urgent!!

Julia