PDA

View Full Version : Variation Question

Little Poppins
28-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi All,

Firstly I want to say I have got my first kiddies now signed up on my books and it was the first mum I met, I can not believe it! The mum was very impressed with my website as well so thank you very much Pauline! I can not wait to get started.

Anyway I have a query. I have got a girl who is 18mnths starting in April as one day a week to start then come 1st Sept I will have her 4 days a week (Tues-Fri 8.00am-5.30pm) as well as her younger brother who will be 9mnths in Sept. I also have a girl starting in sept but for only 2 afternoons a week after preschool.

So come Sept I will have my full quota of under 5's but one of them is only for 2 afternoons.

I have had another enquiry from a mother who would like me to look after her child 4 days a week which I could do fine until sept but then I will be over my quota for two afternoons a week, has anyone experienced this sort of senario before? I was wondering if Ofsted would grant me a variation so that on the two afternoons a week that I have the preschool girl I could have 4 under 5's. It would only be until January as then the girl would be at full time school.

I then have another question when this girls goes to school in January she will not be five until the April but as she will be in full time education will she then count as one of my over 5's?

I know I will have to contact Ofsted to get a true answer but just wondered if you had any knowledge of these scenarios.

Thanks in advance

Zoe
xx

berkschick
28-02-2008, 05:01 PM
OFSTED will only normally grant a variation for continuation of care.

A childminder at school tried to get a variation to have an extra child in the mornings before school 1 hour a day and it was rejected because it was seen as "financially benefitial to the childminder"

I think they may see your situation as the same Im afraid to say.

flora
28-02-2008, 05:18 PM
OFSTED as we know are a law unto themselves :mad: , so often it is a question of if you don't ask you don't get. You don't say how long you have been registered, often they seem to say no to newly registered as they state that you have not had enough experience and are over stretching yourself??? I'm sure it just depends on which way the wind is blowing.
Write a letter, sell yourself and your ability to cater for all the needs of all the children and you will have to wait and see. Hope this helps. :)

Little Poppins
02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Girlies,

Thanks very much for your advice, it looks like it will be a no from Ofsted which I prety much thought it would be. Fingers crossed them mum next week wants the days I wont have the girl in the afternoon.

Zoe
xx

avril
02-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Why not contact Ofsted you never know and nothing ventured nothing gained.
Given them a ring and just see.

Avril x:)