PDA

View Full Version : FILMS THAT YOUR KIDS WATCH OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

angeldelight
01-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Is there a film / cartoon / repeat on the tv that your children watch over and over again and again that drives you mad?

My daughter when younger loved the film " Annie " I even knew all the songs off by heart myself she used to drive me mad with them

Even worse now she is 25 and sat there watching it again this evening

It drives me mad and I really do not know how she watch it that many times

Angel xxx

LOOPYLISA
01-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Emily loves the sound of music :D
too many sleepovers at nannys me thinks !!!!

Twinkles
01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
When my youngest ds was little he would watch Toy Story over and over and over and............

The good thing was my dd was doing a German oral exam and she had to translate.........Toy Story :laughing: she passed with flying colours :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
There isn't one in particular! Just whichever is the newest dvd. My son will watch it, then as soon as it's finished, put it back on again and again and again and then he will choose it as his bedtime dvd as well! This will go on for about two weeks solid! You can imagine how many times you can watch the same film in two weeks.....

I posted this on another thread, but one of my mindees watches Oliver and Company in the playroom EVERY night after school. She's on her third week doing it now! I don't mind cos she is a loner (tried for a year to get her to join in!) and at least it's something she enjoys!

charleyfarley
02-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Charley has always loved Wizard of Oz and when she was little she had a blue and white dress, ruby red slippers and her hair in plaits just like Dorothy. She carried her little Toto and basket everywhere and would watch the film constantly, she still does and Mitchell is often dressed up as the wicked witch :laughing: Another favourite is Snow White.

Mitchell will have fads. It was Tom and Jerry for ages, then Fireman Sam, now he likes watching Garfield.

Carol xx

peanuts
02-10-2009, 06:17 AM
my lot love the disney channel. programmes repeat 4 times a day. i think they have seen everything on it so i am continually saying we've seen that one before change the chanell

tammerisk
02-10-2009, 06:27 AM
for my little boy it the bee movie and for my girl it is aril the mermiad (she is 10 by the way)

PixiePetal
02-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Ds watched Thomas the Tank whenever he got the chance - not just any video, had to be the one with cheesy songs. Even I got to know the words.:rolleyes: If mindees watch it he always joins in - he is almost 13 :laughing:

DD was obsessed with the Barney the dinosaur video. At 18 months she had tantrums when I said NO! So it went away for a bit, wore out eventually and went in the bin - mind you she is 15 now so prefers chick flicks!!

When I started a nanny job years ago, the 1 yr old girl loved The Snowman and cried everytime at the end when he melted. Tried to get her to watch something else but snowman it had to be! She always said 'not cry' before I put it on , but always did :rolleyes:

Hebs
02-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Annie
Home alone
Miracle on 34th street
Harry potter
A little Princess
Tinkerbell

luckily i love movies :thumbsup:

amanda1309
02-10-2009, 07:22 AM
The Wizard of Oz when she was a little younger.
Now its iCarly on the disney channel

sarah32
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM
My 6 year watches mamma mia over and over again.

My 9 year old loves Walle

breezy
02-10-2009, 09:41 AM
High School blooming Musical

Mamma Mia

Home Alone " KEVIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats dd,

ds is adicted to Blackadder and can quote non stop from it:eek:

wendywu
02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
My DD 20 used to watch Legend with a very young Tom Cruise and unicorns.

Both my DD the youngest is 16 used to like Dark Crystal and Willow.

But all 3 are good films.

Curly Quavers
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
my girls vary but yes we can have the same film on for a week everyday (sometimes 2 :eek: ) Then they will go on to an other one that is in the cupboard.

bonus is I have never really grown up and LOVE Disney too

littletreasures
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
When my oldest daughter was little it was Mary Poppins. Had to buy a new video of it as she wore it out.

The also liked Rosie and Jim.

Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan was a firm favourite. The new the dance she did in it and both girls new it word for word. It was on a couple of nights ago and even now Charlotte still knows the words!!!!!!!

Annie_T
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
i watched who framed jessica rabbit over and over and over and OVER again .. love the film.

my girl watches hsm 1-3, or her barbie princess one ... or betty boop (mine) x

emler
02-10-2009, 02:13 PM
My dd watches Toy Story over & over - I used to like that film :rolleyes:
She loves to watch Shrek too.

Trouble
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
my son loves the italian job

and dd loves a bridge to tarabithia

hayleychildcare
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
My kids watch Norbit over and over again. They also watch

Shark boy and lava girl
Monsters Inc
Little Rascals

But Norbit is there favourite

louise
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
The first one was toy story 1 the dvd some how broke one day and i spent the sun trying to track down another that didnt cost £20 so i didnt have endless tears! Then it was toy story 2 and finding nemo. My mum and mil gpt fed up with them when we went on honeymoon.
He has also loved Cars, happy feet, Garfield, Wallace and Gromit to name a few.
At the moment he seems to have a fave for about 2 weeks then changes. Lately it has been home alone 2.

hello kitty
02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
One of my previous mindees loved Barbie The Princess and The Pauper but unfortunately it had the line "you lazy cow" I used to try to cough over that part or turn the volume down or distract her but inevitably she heard it but made no comment until one weekend her mum did not do something she asked her to do and the the line came out "you lazy cow"!!!!

Mum told me and I explained where she got it from and since then that DVD appears to be lost!! :blush:

angeldelight
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
One of my previous mindees loved Barbie The Princess and The Pauper but unfortunately it had the line "you lazy cow" I used to try to cough over that part or turn the volume down or distract her but inevitably she heard it but made no comment until one weekend her mum did not do something she asked her to do and the the line came out "you lazy cow"!!!!

Mum told me and I explained where she got it from and since then that DVD appears to be lost!! :blush:

Going off subject a little here did you see the last serious of prison break - did you cry I did :laughing:

Angel xx

Daddy Day Care
02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Not so much a film but cartoon wise yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

It always has to be the same cartoon and they are always showing the same blooming episode, I could list so many that do my head in but these would have to be my top 5.

5th - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - My son loves the hotdog dance at the end grrrrrrrrrrrrr

4th - Peppa Pig - Think I know just about every episode word for word, sooo soooo annoying

3rd - Imagination Movers - Is there anyone more annoying than these on tv????? arghhhhhhhhhhhh

2nd - Handy Many - wish him and his tlaking tools would just :censored: off, how many tiems a day is this program on???? grrr

1st - Wonder Pets - Ohhhhhh id love to set these fury pests on fire, they do my friggin head in, both daughter and son love this

Gareth
xx

Demonjill
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
DD loves

Mary Poppins
Devil wears Prada
Dirty Dancing

and DS - it has to be Disneys "Cars" or transformers!:thumbsup:

julie w
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Home Alone definitely. my fav too.:blush:

hello kitty
03-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Going off subject a little here did you see the last serious of prison break - did you cry I did :laughing:

Angel xx

Of course I cried, once again I didn't guess what was going to happen. Really, really fab programme have bought the dvds for hubby to watch and will watch them all again with him. Thought the first series was the best. Going to miss it, that and 24.

madasahatter
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
The only ones I don't mind watching over and over are the Wallace and Gromit DVDs. No-one in our family really likes to watch a film over and over. We tend to hire them from the local store just the once. DS has DVD's still in their wrappers that people have bought him for his birthday/xmas which he says there's no point in opening as he watched it at the cinema.
I got rid of all my children's videos last year when we bought a new HD/DVD recorder as the mindees never watched them. The few children's dvd's I've now got are ones that have come free with newspapers.
I only tend to put the TV on for 15 to 20 mins, once or twice a week when an older preschooler is a bit tired or they're getting a bit 'that way out' when I need to make lunch.

Bitsy Beans
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
In no particular order my DS watches:

Iron Man (he is 4 but he just LOVES it :o )
Fly Me To the Moon
Cars
Morph
Toy Story 1 & 2 (including the bonus discs :laughing: )
The Polar Express (I LOVE this one :D)
Everything Wallace and Gromit related :laughing:
The Incredibles

goodness the list is endless.....can you tell my son loves TV. Mind you we don't have Sky or constant kids TV channels so I guess he's just making up for it in another way!

Can I state for the record that I LOVE Handy Manny :o , Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (love the music to that one :o ). And just as I was getting into Imagination Movers my mum cancelled her Sky so we can't see any of them anymore :(

christinajanep
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
my son was the same with toy story - i remember searching high and low for buzz lightyear when he came out
my daughter loves singing along to hairspray but also loves cuddles whilst watching kung fu panda

nannymcflea
04-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Matilda (for youngest)

Eldest was teletubbies everything when little,we like to remind her!:D