PDA

View Full Version : How should I charge?

Saranotts
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I look after a baby for a teacher 2 days a week and in the contract it states that I will charge 1/2 fee as a retainer in holidays.

Now mum has asked me if I will have the baby and his sister (who I don't normally have, she is 6) on the Monday of the half term and not have the baby on the Wednesday.

How should I charge for this? Do I charge for them both on the Monday and then half fee for the baby on the Wednesday or do I just charge for the 2 on the Monday as I will have covered my money for the week?

I don't want to set a trend and regret it later but I also want to be fair on the parent.

Sara

venus89
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Perhaps just charge for the Monday but make it clear to her it's a once off that you're not charging the Weds? But remember that you're perfectly entitled to charge for both if you wish x

The Juggler
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
depends. if you are covering your money then I would ok it but if you need to cover more days then i would say you might be setting a precedent. there is no obligation for you to do it however, you get a day free (or with fewer children in the holidays). I would weigh up whether it works to your advantage or not. you won't lose out financially.